A HUGE Thank you to the Developers

I wanted to take the time to publicly thank the developers for something that I have been asking for, for a long time. It may not seem like a big deal to most, but as someone who spends a lot of their time watching replays, it is so amazing to finally be able to watch it at 1 to 1 speed.

For those unfamiliar with what I am talking about, prior to the current beta branch of AOE3DE (which is due to go live on August 2, 2021) - recorded games typically played at between 50% and 80% of real time, meaning that, if I was to run a stop watch and count the 60 in-game seconds, that in real time, that could be anywhere between 120 seconds (50%) and 75 seconds (80%).

This has now been fixed, and means that when casting games for tournaments, or just watching my own replays, I watch them with no reduction in speed, meaning that 60 seconds in game-time translates perfectly to 60 seconds! ~ I will note, it’s not always the case, with a couple of tests I ran running around 95% - but the majority are directly on 100%!

In addition to that, observing live games now actually seems possible! With two brand new videos that will be releasing over the next 48 hours, both being directly casted from the in-game browser! (sneak peak: The FIRST Casted Game Of The African Royals! [AOE3] - YouTube)

I appreciate that some may think it would have been an easy fix, but I suspect something like this really would have taken a lot of effort, so kudos to you all!

Yours sincerely,

Aussie Drongo

62 Likes

that seems like a really odd bug, but glad they fixed it.

it just lacks a good UI to watch the matches and this game is amazing ( even if it already is )

3 Likes

Damn I’m very glad to hear that.

I have develop the habit of watching my old games and get nauseated with my horrible play.
This change will surely facilitate the entire process and make me support the local drug store more often.

It’s really a nuisance that now that the game is receiving a lot of support I don’t really have enough time to play it. :slightly_frowning_face:

This is also a nice addition. But I mean, there also is another thing… would be possible to make viable to too watch old recorded games?

I don’t know exactly why this don’t work, and the problem could be much more complex that I am anticipating… But it’s just so annoying that I cannot watch games 3 months old because they were played in a another patch of the game.

I’m not asking to watch recs from 2005 without downgrading the game (Although, that will be neat if I could). But just be able to watch all games from the DE (About 1 year old) would just avoid soooooo much hassle.

1 Like

Being able to click on the reproduction bar and go forward or backwards as a youtuber video would be the next step, but probably hard to code.

1 Like

I’m happy enough with this :slight_smile: Can confirm I’ve casted close to 10 games now, and all are within 95%-100% speed range. So happy!

7 Likes