A patrol & follow/guard function would help a lot

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but… be the change you want to see in the world I guess right?

I like the game a lot so far, but 2 things that I sorely miss are patrol move and follow/guard ability for the units, they were one of the first things I looked for as I use them often in other RTS games, which they have been a key feature of in most for decades.

Not only is it useful strategically, having your ships able to patrol the shoreline of your island or your units patrolling as advance notice on incoming enemies, but it also makes it more immersive. In matches against the AI it’s fun to RP a bit, like building your structures in a way a real town would be set up or having guards patrol the city streets and outskirts. Or having units patrol the dangerous routes your traders take to markets.

A follow/guard function would help with micro-management a lot. Let’s say you wanted to direct a siege weapons to attack a wall but dont want to be them alone, but also dont want to have to seperately micro-manage their attack and move orders, having the ability to have troops just follow alongside them would be great, This way you could tell the siege weapon to attack the target, and your units will follow alongside it to defend it but wont rush in to attack themselves. As it is now you have to tell your siege unit to attack, then tell your units to move to where the siege engine will be when it starts attacking.

This is just 1 specific example of where it would be useful but there’s plenty of situations it would help in, like guarding those poor lonely traders on their trips to maket, they’re so squishy out there on their own :[

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!

6 Likes

Yes that would be amazing to have. A guard and patrol function.something we need would help a lot

1 Like

Afaik, there is currently a patrol function in the works.

1 Like

@Eightnon Oh awesome! Glad to hear that :slight_smile: thanks for the info!