A Remake or a Sequel of Age of Mythology

@Otani64 said:
Maybe considering the current situation they should not bother anymore to fix what is broken, although I still don’t experience issues with my AOMEE. Instead as stated above they should focus on the DE’s and AOEIV and after that maybe consider a second AOM.

Yes I think so too they should focus on fixing all issues from the first and implement them in a second AoM 2 game :slight_smile:

@Otani64 said:
Maybe considering the current situation they should not bother anymore to fix what is broken, although I still don’t experience issues with my AOMEE. Instead as stated above they should focus on the DE’s and AOEIV and after that maybe consider a second AOM.

The ‘devs’ of AoM EE (well some, namely skybox) are not involved with any of the other games, for good reason so they cant mess it up.
Some tasks are for FE, who are involved with other games, but those jobs are already taken up by the community for AOM itself.

Can we list all the current bugs/issues that AOM has right now in this post?

@KingDarBoja said:
Can we list all the current bugs/issues that AOM has right now in this post?

Like I said there are some community initiatives, the following link is a reddit thread about it.
THere should be a link to a list with many of the issues. On Steam there is also a modmade by the same people that implements many of these changes where possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeofMythology/comments/6row50/aomee_fix_priority_list_discussion/

I maybe a weird one. Because everyone argues which aoe is better, my favorite has always been AOM. So I will start jumping roof from happiness.

I prefer an expansion.

@Augustusman said:
I prefer an expansion.

There is one, its the biggest pile of trash I have ever seen.
Its TOTD.

Age of mythology community is huge, they should not forget that. People are eagerly waiting to hear new age of mythology stuff from the developers!!
They should definitely make a sequel of age of mythology, in my opinion as well, age of mythology is best in the series of ‘Age Of’.

WE NEED A SECOND GAME! Definitely. They can ada Mesotopians, Mesoamericans, Indians, Celtic and African mythologies.

I may not be asking this in the right area and if so I am sorry… But I just cant seem to ind a answer. I just recently bought a new windows 10 system. funny I spent a bunch of money to play games that are 20 some yrs old…lol But hey they are just awesome not matter how old… Anyway when I play AOM or civilization there is a part of the screen that is just out of view and access of my courser… Can someone help me fix this please…

@shookster3 said:
I may not be asking this in the right area and if so I am sorry… But I just cant seem to ind a answer. I just recently bought a new windows 10 system. funny I spent a bunch of money to play games that are 20 some yrs old…lol But hey they are just awesome not matter how old… Anyway when I play AOM or civilization there is a part of the screen that is just out of view and access of my courser… Can someone help me fix this please…

Open a topic …you are off topic this one.

In my opinion they can still make money from a new xpansion and a definitive AOM. AOM is missing Persia mainly. So with that in mind I think AOM is still of interest to MS. There is still hope. Probably a while after Age Of Empires IV expect aomething.

@“Spartan Hoplite” said:
In my opinion they can still make money from a new xpansion and a definitive AOM. AOM is missing Persia mainly. So with that in mind I think AOM is still of interest to MS. There is still hope. Probably a while after Age Of Empires IV expect aomething.

I would say a definitive edition of AOM is a possiblity at some point personally I can’t wait to see the updated Bang Engine that AOE3:DE will use. The future of AOE is very bright.

I think I like AoM the best next to original AoE. I’m okay with the graphics, though more expansions on other cultures would be kind of cool. The Native American Thunderbird, or the African version of the Christian myth of Noah’s ark, or Japanese or Indian gods … and let’s not forget the Germanic version of the Norse gods. And that doesn’t even include the Pacific Islands nor South America.

Lots of possibilities.

I’m surprised that Microsoft keeps forgetting about AOM. It was one of the flagship games at E3 2001. Watch the AOM credits if you don’t believe me.

@CaptClockobob said:
I’m surprised that Microsoft keeps forgetting about AOM. It was one of the flagship games at E3 2001. Watch the AOM credits if you don’t believe me.

They are not forgetting about it but the reception for the Totd release probably had them move on. AOE 2 HD was always way more popular than EE. Hell the base version of AOE 1/2 have always been more popular moving on to DE:s and a fourth entry made sense even if the state of EE truly is a disgrace towards the AOM Community as a whole. The AOM community outlines a pretty small community in the overall Age fanbase therefore they’ll always end up a couple steps below the “priority line”.

But then there is this: NOPE! Don't bother, AoMEE's "fixes" are just a waste of time :: Age of Mythology: Extended Edition General Discussions

(this was posted about 20 hours ago I will post it in a seperate topic so us AOM peps can discuss it there to, if it has not already been posted somewhere else on this forum).

Well we have already had a vague promise before, nothing happened.
Dont get your hopes up you will be met with disappointment, the people in control for AOM are untrustworthy.