A Remake or a Sequel of Age of Mythology

#1

In my perspective, Age of mythology is the best story telling of the bunch I enjoyed while learning. I believe this franchise of games should have a new Age of Mythology 2 where you can appreciate deeper the past religions and myths. I would be really enjoyable if it has factions where you can choose the story of this character on Greek or this other character on Egypt. each Story interesting suffering from and different letting appreciates the culture of each deeper.

#2

Or maybe they should fix the current bugs into AOM Game, also they have like 2 civs that can be added into the game (Mesoamericans, Indians) like DLCs. Also I don’t know if they will announce a new game at Gamescon, and if they do, probably ain’t going to be AoM related.

#3

It’s my favorite Age game as well. And yes, best storytelling. But with all the DE announcements today, none for AOM. Too bad.

#4

I feel like a remake might have us linger on it for too long. Sure, it’s not perfect, but the AOM game is alright enough as is. In fact, later addition seemed to be lacking imo.
I’d be up for a AOM2, it either being a distant sequel (few generations ahead, only references here and there to Arkantos’ story) or something new entirely. They could try involving different pantheons, like the hindu or mayan ones. There’s still a lot of potential there, and trying to tap into that seems like a better idea -to me- than trying to remake AOM.

#5

I think instead of AOM2, we need an AOM DE.
Since AOM EE didnt cut it. And Aoe 2 HD is also getting an update.

They could update the graphics, add 1 or 2 civ like Hindu mythology, address all the isssues with EE etc

#6

I fear the playerbase it just too low.

A sequel, a DE, fixing the bugs in the HD version. I would be happy with any of those, as long as we would get a playerbase. I’m more of a custom game person, and for those people, the game is pretty dead. Atleast in the AOM HD version it seems to be.

#7

Well, nobody believed that we’ll ever see AoE IV but here we are! So I think we’ll see something done with AoM, not in the near future of course since they have A LOT of work to do now, but eventually I’m sure they’ll make a new version of AoM. For now let’s hope that they’ll keep updating the extended edition.

#8

I Think they might view AOM as sort of a spinoff franchise to AOE, Think about it Everything new was entirely AOE related (AOE 2 and 3 DE editions leading up to AOE 4) not a single bit of information regarding AOM or AOM EE (which seems to have been completely abandoned by Skybox and MS at this point).

Either they plan something big for AOM or they view AOM and AOE as seperate franchises now.

#9

I found it very odd that at last night’s announcement, there was literally no mention of Age of Mythology. It was like the game didn’t even exist. A lot of talk about Age 1 and Age 2. And they even announced that Age 2 and 3 are getting definitive editions. But Mythology was just silently brushed aside.

I can’t even imagine what they’re going to do to Age 3. The graphics are already very good, and the mechanics are super tight. Why could it need a DE? But AoM has huge flaws that were introduced in the EE, and its graphics have dated significantly.

I really hope they’ve got something new coming soon for Mythology.

#10

@ZagorathAus said:
I found it very odd that at last night’s announcement, there was literally no mention of Age of Mythology. It was like the game didn’t even exist. A lot of talk about Age 1 and Age 2. And they even announced that Age 2 and 3 are getting definitive editions. But Mythology was just silently brushed aside.

I can’t even imagine what they’re going to do to Age 3. The graphics are already very good, and the mechanics are super tight. Why could it need a DE? But AoM has huge flaws that were introduced in the EE, and its graphics have dated significantly.

I really hope they’ve got something new coming soon for Mythology.

AoM was mentioned during the live stream but, yes, they focused on AoE:DE and AoE II.

#11

It was? When? I don’t really recall hearing it at all.

#12

i guess AOM is just another “empire”. they mentioned AOM in the video titled “History of Age of Empire”. And as what they have mentioned in the video, they love fantasies and histories, that’s why AOM was born. So if AOE is getting new sequel, don’t die on hope when it comes to AOM.

#13

I´m very pleased with the announcements that were made yesterday but i really hope they got a future for Age of Mythology aswell, It´s my favorite game in the series and i agree on the statement that it has the best story telling of them all.

#14

@Fetandrey said:
Well, nobody believed that we’ll ever see AoE IV but here we are! So I think we’ll see something done with AoM, not in the near future of course since they have A LOT of work to do now, but eventually I’m sure they’ll make a new version of AoM. For now let’s hope that they’ll keep updating the extended edition.

Keep? They havent supported it for over a year after they broke it and released a half broken xpac with an OP civ. They do not even have the courtesy to talk with their community. The EE is a mess, nobody of the devs/M$ gives a damn and everyone acts as if AoM doesnt exist. Its frankly a miracle we even got this category, the lack of involvement here is not.

#15

AOM EE is totally abandoned by Skybox on Steam at the moment, their lack of focus on AOM as a whole lately tells me that we won´t see anything new out of AOM for a very long time (possibly forever).

It´s now once again up to the community to continue to breath life into the game the developers have jumped of the ship. > @smitske said:

@Fetandrey said:
Well, nobody believed that we’ll ever see AoE IV but here we are! So I think we’ll see something done with AoM, not in the near future of course since they have A LOT of work to do now, but eventually I’m sure they’ll make a new version of AoM. For now let’s hope that they’ll keep updating the extended edition.

Keep? They havent supported it for over a year after they broke it and released a half broken xpac with an OP civ. They do not even have the courtesy to talk with their community. The EE is a mess, nobody of the devs/M$ gives a **** and everyone acts as if AoM doesnt exist. Its frankly a miracle we even got this category, the lack of involvement here is not.

#16

And the community is trying its best, creating and playtesting mods and balance patches so we can even give the literal numbers to them to fix things. Thus far however only some vague statement that perhaps they can do some small things and only because one of the people pushing these community things was a dev for them previously. They should really start communicating with the community.

#17

@smitske I wholeheartedly agree.

#18

I would say it´s only a matter of time before we´ll see either a Age of Mythology 2 or an definitive edition for it the same way AoE, AoE2 and AoE3 gets. However I´m a bit curious as to why they didn´t touch on Age of Mythology at the big conference were the announcement took place for AoE 4.

Please Microsoft don´t forget about Age of Mythology! Personally would prefer Age of Mythology 2! Fingers crossed.

#19

Because they prefer to ignore us instead of having to acknowledge how much they messed up with EE.

#20

Maybe considering the current situation they should not bother anymore to fix what is broken, although I still don’t experience issues with my AOMEE. Instead as stated above they should focus on the DE’s and AOEIV and after that maybe consider a second AOM.