A smurf came and ruined 19xx game watch and see

Hi there,

He is in my team our team has 19xx and 2k + this guy vs enemy was 17xx-19xx

He is teamrate is 1xxx but 1v1 rate is 16xx with 18 wins 0 loses 18 wins 0 loses 18 wins 0 loses omg!

player 4 is smurf with chinese character nickname

SP Replay v101.101.63581.0 @2022.07.06 105435.aoe2record (469.1 KB)

This is disaster guys Developers should be find a solution for it

Thank you!!

1 Like

stop with the flood of “smurf” posts please. It’s getting tiresome. I get it, a smurf came and stole your candy. This isn’t your personal blog to write about your feelings and how you think life is unfair.

7 Likes

How are we meant to know that? You didn’t say it in your post, and most people won’t bother watching the rec, I certainly didn’t. And typically when people complain about smurfs, it’s usually because they just lost to something they think is a smurf.

That’s a pretty big leap with no real justification, no need to insult people.

2 Likes

If you watch the game you can see that so If you don’t read anything you don’t know that too look at my previous messages:

‘‘He is in my team our team has 19xx and 2k + this guy vs enemy was 17xx-19xx’’ so
 guess which team will win

2 Likes

18 win 0 lose is really a lot. I think the elo system should increase their rank exponentially so that he don’t encounter player with low rank

I feel a language barrier is getting in the way of communication here.

I just said, I’m not interested in watching the game, it doesn’t benefit me, and it isn’t worth my time.

2 Likes

Quite a while ago I suggested a data driven analysis to improve elo ratings. More or less nobody cared.

2 Likes

I just said If you are not interested in watching the game so You are not interested in topic then you don’t write anything to topic well If your time is very ‘‘candy’’ gold Is it easy yea?

2 Likes

This problem is as old as competetiv Multiplayer itself. Either you help to find a solution or there is no new information here. Although more Threads might increase the visibility of the issue.

2 Likes

I didn’t say I’m not interested in the topic, I said I wasn’t interested in watching your rec if you already decided there is a smurf and told us who won, I don’t see any point in watching it.

2 Likes

The thing I wonder about why there is no collection of “smurf” games where the smurfs intentionally throw games.
What’s going on there that there seemingly isn’t something like this? How do they “hide” their intentional losses from the community?

2 Likes

Yeah, that is strange. It suggests they may not all be malicious smurfs, and are possibly reaching their true elo, especially if it is an alt account. Surely people would complain a lot more if a teammate/even opponent was throwing like a smurf. Not sure, just my first response.

2 Likes

MAybe, but imo it’s basically impossible to reach < 500 TG elo without intentionally throwing games.
At some point your team members will just carry you even if you do nothing.

1 Like

I was thinking more about the high end, especially when you have 1 really good “smurf” with a team of randoms, it doesn’t really hold true for the low end. Maybe players at that level just don’t use the forums much, or don’t bother complaining here?

1 Like

Other Idea: Potentially they team together and throw together, potentially even against other alt accounts. They go to a sparcely populated server (via VPN potentially) and then try to time that they are matched with the other alts. Then they throw and nobody complains as they never play against “real” opponents.

1 Like

I just read that in your first post, you didn’t need the repost. Never mind, you moved it fully.

1 Like

your words are totally empty meaning
 so I won’t share the rec only for you this is for community. maybe, someone wanna gonna ‘‘how to ruin the game’’ by this smurf so watch it or don’t, that’s it

Gee wiz, someone woke up with violence today.
If we cant voice our opinion about smurfs on forums, where then ?
its good to bump topics like these upwards so maybe devs will do something about it .

1 Like

The irony of you accusing someone else of using this website as their own personal blog, you endlessly share your “feelings” on every post on here

2 Likes

Your majesty, Your highness, Shall I ask to open the thread and before doing all of this? liddle low troll.