A suggestion for a new technology for Spearman-line tweaking

Did you stop and consider that maybe, maybe, this comes from the fact each stage is separated by an age and hundreds of ressources in investment?

Then I guess we should also increase the cost of thr pikeman by around a factor of two if we are going to make pikes and halbs able to fight knights and paladins 1v1.

1 Like

For team game balance, this approach would be great. If Spear-Pike-Halberdier had 50f 40w, 55/65/70 hp, 4/6/8 attack and +20/+30/+40 bonus attack against Cavalry, Halberdier would be preferable unit Team Games.

No, archers are just too strong against spears still.
And I think the stat increase is overall too high, spears to weak and halbs would be ok.

IMO one thing missing in the game is a Tech that reduces the pop occupation of several units, like infantry and foot archers. Maybe even 2 techs that do it step by step. This way we donā€™t get the problem of having to redesign whole units.

I agree. I think the ā€œArsonā€ tech didnā€™t achieve that much. This tech should also be free just like ā€œTrackingā€. Another militia line specific tech or in general infantry tech can be introduced.

1 Like

Enter super suppliesā€¦ Militia lines costs -5 gold! :joy:

I appreciate the concept of this tech, at least in theory. It would give the devs an additional lever to fine tune the late game strengths of different civs. I dont know that itā€™s necessary, but I like the mindset. Hereā€™s a question though: if implemented, would this be the only tech in the game that adds exclusively bonus damage to a unit (excepting maybe Heated Shot)?

One of the few, yes. Arson and Chieftains are the others that come to mind. I do like the dual effect upgrades better, such as Parthian Tactics, granting both armor and the situational, but relevant bonus damage. Re-balancing units that are so core to the game, is quite a delicate thing, so I didnā€™t want to alter the current Halberdier too much, introducing merely the extra food cost and research time of a new tech. But these values are of course adjustable.

Arson + Viking and Burmese unique tech