A unit dump

The problem: All units currently come with a suicide button to use when the player hits pop cap and needs more pop space. This is both wasteful and unrealistic. In order to give a realistic solution (other than the obvious answer of why not expand pop cap to 1,000 which just pushes the problem farther away and is unrealistic on slower pcs) I came up with a mechanic that I believe may enrich the game and could be integrated into many civilizations. The prime targets for integration are the ottomans, and the chinese. (due to pop cap efficincy stuff)

I propose a unit dump mechanic. This mechanic would allow for military units to be sent to an economic building, which then spits out an economic unit. This economic unit can be garrisoned in structures to increase the health regen, armor, production rate, and attack speed of the structure by anywhere from 25-50%. While the structure regens health, the economic unit loses health until it dies, and the next unit in the stack starts having its health deplete. These economic units cannot be ungarrisoned, when the building dies, they die, and they do not count towards max population when garrisoned.

Furthermore, I propose several economic buildings that use this new economic unit.

1. When the new economic units are garrisoned in this economic building, the new economic units slowly lose health and die overtime, but produce gold.
  2. When the new economic units are garrisoned in this economic building, the new economic units slowly lose health and die overtime, but produce wood.
  3. When the new economic units are garrisoned in this economic building, the new economic units slowly lose health and die overtime, but produce stone.
  4. When the new economic units are garrisoned in this economic building, the new economic units slowly lose health and die overtime, but produce food.

These new buildings can be landmarks, modifications to existing buildings, or new abilities on existing landmarks. This mechanic would allow for civilizations that are weak on stone production or gold production lategame to be tweaked with this new mechanic. Some civs may not need this new unit to stay competitive, but it would be a boon for civs that regularly hit pop cap during booms.

1 Like

Interesting, maybe they will implement it in a new civilization

def sounds like smt that could be used as a unique mechanic in some new civ

2 Likes