A villager after kill an unit should automatically attack another one

A villager after kill an unit should automatically attack another one if there is an ennemy in a range of 2.
It will reduce the macro nonsense.

3 Likes

Villagers are not military so why should they keep attacking?

4 Likes

Because they are in the middle of a fight. They fight for their life

2 Likes

Running away and hiding in the tc is the best strategy.

1 Like

Getting eco damage in the early stages of the game would become much harder, and that’s a steep price to pay just because the OP wants to do no-effort supremacy rush.

the difficulty of macro is a major contributor to losing villagers against weaker pressure.

3 Likes

So it will reduce the required skill to reach x level. Very bad idea.

1 Like

If you put a vil to chopp wood, he will chop until no trees would be in his LOS, same with mining, foraging, hunting, etc. Why not with attack?
Of course shouldn’t had different stances nor formations, ni attack move or patroling.

2 Likes

You have to realize thgis would make Spanish OP with Supremacy UT. They literally would have the most cost effective Trash in the game.

You could then lure 1/4 of your opponent’s eco away by sending two scouts.

What? No… Vils just would continue attacking if you order attack, if not thay have the normal vil behaviour

Good for Spanish. They deserve a little love. Just tweak the UT if it would be neccesary

What you’re describing is the current villager behavior

No man, the behaviour I describing is: You order attack, then vill will attack while he has enemy units in his LOS.
Today, when you order attack a unit and this unit dies the Vil stay idle.
Did I expresed myself well?

1 Like

The problem with Spanish isn’t their late game though.

4 Likes

Yes, so when villagers kill the first scout, you can just take off and know they’re going to follow. Not great

They are scared, they aren’t trained to the point of achieving the martial discipline required to withstand the horrors of violence and war.

Why am I forced into combat against this horse rider?

Why have those archers murdered my wife who was just gathering berries?

What are these strange weapons?

What did I do to deserve this?

I just want to grill my boar for God’s sake!

2 Likes

Then you order them to get back work. If you don’t pay atention what do you prefer, at least vils defense for their selves or just stay stand waiting to get killed?

1 Like

So then just order them to fight the second unit. The “problem” you’re insisting is a such a big deal has the same solution that you’ve just provided-- pay attention.

I would much prefer my villagers stand there instead of being led out away from the safety of my TCs/defensive buildings.

1 Like

So, don’t order to attack and ring the bell…

1 Like

What if there were a tech you could research at the TC that gave your villagers some military training, and after you’ve researched it, they will auto-attack like military, and can have a stance set? This tech could be unavailable for civs that have stronger villagers, to avoid making them OP.

1 Like