A warning before you delete your TC?

In ROR you occasionally had issues at the start of the game with everyone H, C, C, C ING and then typing locations on the map based on the clock face that someone would hit accidentally catch ‘delete’ (next to enter) instead of ‘enter’ when chatting. This would lead to the accidental destruction of the TC when selected. Might be a good idea to have a warning before it is deleted.

Why would you type your location on the map? In ROR you can simply see where your allies are right?

Nope, not without ‘Writing’ from the Government Centre unless you are playing reveal map.

It’s alot easier just learning not to hit Delete or use the numpad Enter button. Take extra time selecting the key

Lol true, but it happens.

@BlazingGaming13 said:
Why would you type your location on the map? In ROR you can simply see where your allies are right?

Usually, but not on nomad maps.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Nope, not without ‘Writing’ from the Government Centre unless you are playing reveal map.

You can see the start position of your allies TC in ror, even before ‘writing’. Only exception is nomad maps where people don’t start with a TC.

Yeah when I last played Aoe in the mid 2000s was always aoe nomad 3v3 with some Turkish guys in particular a guy called ‘KACIK’ always hosting. I will test when I get home whether on non-reveal map starting positions were shown, I don’t remember them being so.

Weirdly even when playing Random Map I remember TC’s being accidentally being deleted during chat. On ROR you could check everyone’s civ through the time line and diplomacy but people would still type in the first few seconds their team the civilisation they got.

nah, if you can’t hit the right buttons on your keyboard it should benefit your enemy.