Abbasid - Boot Camp makes archers shoot faster, and it should not

The upgrade issues are from the House of Wisdom and the Madrasa (tech building).

The problem is boot camp makes archers shoot faster, and it should not.

Boot camp: Increase the health of all infantry by +15%.

Boot camp is researched from the building House of Wisdom at age 4 (imperial). Cost is 300 food, 700 gold, 90 secs. And is unique to the Abbasid.

I did a before/after test of all units from the barracks, stable, and archery range. The HP boost seems fine, but the archer reload time is reduced from 1.50 to 1.12 (-25%).

I searched the forums and know you are aware this upgrade conflicts with many of the others like Elite Tactics for Melee Infantry.

I found this issue at reddit.com/r/…/somewhat_positive_research_bug_for_abbasid_this/

So a competitive player wants to currently get the upgrades in this order

• Incendiary arrows
  • Boot camp
  • Composite Bows

and it would be a mistake to ever get Incendiary arrows last because it removes the +25% atk speed bonus from both Composite Bows and Incendiary arrows. Notice I cross out the last upgrade, meaning don’t get it because you get the +25% atk speed from Boot camp already.

1 Like

Let me fix an error in my first post.

- ...it removes the +25% atk speed bonus from both Composite Bows and Incendiary arrows.
+ ...it removes the +25% atk speed bonus from both Composite Bows and Boot camp.

Thanks @Rairden! Appreciate the report. We’re working on it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:!