Abbasid dynasty struggle

yes i agree, only in castle do i get eco upgrades, i often see top players like viper do similar things when playing abbasid

how to kill age2 pushes? go heavily on wood in age 1, build a barrack immediately and throw out some spearmen and build two rams and attack immediately. usually the first ram is at their buildings when they age up

1 Like

My opinions based on limited experience

1. The consensus among players I’ve talked with is don’t 2/3 tc vs early aggression, either assume England and HRE are going Early Argo or Scout to see

2. If I see MAA or spears I usually build some camel archers, yes they are micro intensive, but the high damage can force back aggressive melee armies. If they have 5 or more archers per camel archer you almost certainly trade poorly ime, you can’t snipe a spear without losing a camel when they have mixed spear archer armies unless you have plenty of horsemen and CAs plus heavy micro, fortunately your wood line is allot lighter with this build, just requires a ton of food

3. Camel archers and plenty of horse men, micro vills to kill rams while horsemen charge archers, focus CAs on maa, they do the job poorly but they do kill if you focus down the weakest Maas

4. Since you don’t have to build the landmark, you have three villagers to collect wood/stone it’s not allot, but in the time it takes to build the landmark you should have just under the bonus wood and stone to get two outposts with arrowslits, rather than having a second tc. It sucks if you have to do this but your economy will run allot better if under heavy pressure

5. Unless you have Springalds or cavalry in position and you know they have bombards/trebs probably not

6. I love camel riders, against French, they can chase knights all over and really help vs Cavalry raids, when mixed with Cavalry

I always have camel archers in the mix unless enemy is just spamming archer/knights, late game I like them allot they are fast moving high damage ranged units that debuff Cavalry, meaning your archers and siege are better protected and your infantry get a armor

7:

1. The only way to beat France on water maps that I’ve heard of is fast castle and outposts/castle near docks.

2. You’re right on here imo, dark age barracks necessary, fast feudal push with as many spears/horsemen as you can harassing gold to prevent age up, building Ram, killing oovoo. making horsemen is usually better as archers almost always come next for mongols if the tower failed and they want to kill your spears off, scouting required.

And that is my take on it. No I don’t want to debate

Brutal, but I love it, Gina try this next time lol

I’ve been experimenting with 3 tc open. It allows for clearing the map of resources a full 10 minutes earlier, less of a blow to lose a vill or two when harassed, production becomes possible very very quickly and only takes a minute longer than 2 tc.