- GAME BUILD #: Latest (101.101.44834.0 6148570
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
I select the starting TC with the home key. I press my hotkey for build vils but it doesn’t work. Upon further inspection, the TC itself isn’t showing anything at all - it’s selected but I’m not seeing the ability build vils (no villager icon).
Not sure how it’s actually resolved but I do a quick flurry of clicking off and reselect or spamming the H key to see my TC normally again.
This is super frustrating when I’m doing things like:
- Luring a boar
- Remembering to build a house too
Mostly the distraction breaks my chain of thought as IRL I will spill water on myself if trying to think at the same time as drinking it
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
Pretty consistent issue for me.
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- I’m actually not sure why this comes up sometimes
- But I often spam villager build hotkey early game as force dropping is too slow
- And I switch between select all barracks (shift+B) and TC (H) while pressing Q for both while drushing
- Feels like half the time my tc will show up with no vil
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I’d be able to build villagers
*ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
will do so if I see it again, I usually try to avoid it
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
tells me new users cannot attach…