About music : Please put back the drums!

I have heard the new music, they are not bad but you removed too much of the drums, or added too much of others instrument.
It’s not the age of empire1 spirit !
It is stone age, the age of empire 1 music were perfect.

Please don’t just keep the original one 1998 version (bad quality).
Make a remastered version of the original one with better quality, instrument, but without modifying the music partition

**“Save the drums, louder, save the world” **

I just listened the music and I thought exactly the same. Age of empire need more Drums to feel like the old one.

They’re mixing remasters with re-recordings. You’ll get both, don’t worry.

@RWNorthPole said:
They’re mixing remasters with re-recordings. You’ll get both, don’t worry.

It’s not what I listened…

I also understood that they would mix totally original soundtrack with totally new remaster of old track.
but no “re recording” in sight.

@keepintouch75 said:
I have heard the new music, they are not bad but you removed too much of the drums, or added too much of others instrument.
It’s not the age of empire1 spirit !
It is stone age, the age of empire 1 music were perfect.

Please don’t just keep the original one 1998 version (bad quality).
Make a remastered version of the original one with better quality, instrument, but without modifying the music partition

**“Save the drums, louder, save the world” **

OH YES !

The new music is excellent but it is not appropriate for gaming to. the original tracks landed on the expected notes but now (like most covers and remixes) they got bored and so they try to trip us up by hitting notes off beat or skipping notes entirely. Far to distracting… Just hit the anticipated notes. Let the music flow and be the rhythm of the game. I know far to many players that play with the music turned off but still like the music. :frowning: Each song is as important as an entire character in a movie and the same can be said for games.

I remember listening to the blog post about the new game audio and soundtrack and listening to the samples. It appears as though the Age team changed the audio file for the new soundtrack and it sounds much better to me. The soundtrack sample which was originally on the blog post sounded nothing like the original soundtrack sample.

OP, your thread title sounds like my mom

I was in love with the revolution Music from AOE 3 ^^

Where you listened?

Adding drums seems like a simple request, they should totally go for it. If you are like me, you would disable the in game music and put your own tracks on.

@Tyrantissar said:
Adding drums seems like a simple request, they should totally go for it. If you are like me, you would disable the in game music and put your own tracks on.

I particularly like the Age of Empires music, because it gives a certian feel. If anything they should do like they did in AoE 3 - like going into battle plays a battle song. It had a special feeling.