Bring Abus base damage down to 36.
In exchange, do the following:
- Increase the attack speed/decrease the reload time back to 3s. This will bring much-needed synergy back.
- Make multiplier against light cavalry 1.75x instead of 1.5x. This will make Abus slightly better against goons, which they are supposed to counter, while not breaking the game in any way. The 50% damage reduction to ALL Cavalry will remain untouched, so what this really amounts to is instead of doing .75x damage to goons, they do .87x damage to them.
So, 36 base damage and 1.5x against heavy infantry is 54.
This means, at base stats:
- It will take now 3 hits to kill a Russian musketeer for a total of 9 seconds, instead of 7 seconds (original base damage was 40 x 1.5 = 60, killing them in two 3.5s shots).
- It will still take 3 shots to kill regular musketeers for a total of 9 seconds (instead of 10.5s), however any HP upgrades on regular musketeers will now require another fire to die, rewarding the upgrade more.
- Enemy Janissaries will still take 4 hits to die. 54 x 4 = 216, for a total of 12s instead of 14s.
- Ashigaru will now die in 4 hits instead of 3, which equals 12 seconds instead of 10.5s.
- Sepoy will now die in 4 hits instead of 3, which again equals 12 seconds total instead of 10.5s.
After all of this, Abus will still be:
- Horrible at actual sieging of buildings
- Horrible at sniping villagers
- Very vulnerable to hand cav
- Very vulnerable to artillery
- Having a large melee hitbox, being more vulnerable to literally anything in melee than any other unit
- A low HP per pop unit
- A high pop unit
- An expensive unit especially for the Ottoman eco
So this honestly makes a lot of sense.