Achievement problems between steam/xbox accounts: Re-earning achievements

I tried the family share version with steam to try to unlock some achievements, but still they are unlocked on xbox live. As their are several for me, i do not know what else i can do. I firstly did them on my main steam account while locked in on microsoft live. At the end of all the games I was always getting the “winning with a specific civilization“ achievement, so this is the proof i am connected to xbox live. But while playing, only steam achievements unlock but not the xbox live ones. The achievements i am talking about are:
“No suntzu light“ - shoot 100.000 arrows with chu ko nu
“Anyone order a pizza?“ - train 1.000 condottiere as a non-italian civilization
“Dark Humor“ - kill 20 villagers with Militia in dark age
“kaboom“ - kill 1.000 enemie units using Demolition ships

I guess some other achievements of this type will not pop up for me too, maybe the syncing is to slow between steam and microsoft if i do quick games? Or produce units to fastund because i use 20 buildings for production?
I made these achievements 3 times, always on fresh new steam accounts but they never unlocked on xbox, only on steam. Normal achievements like winning as bulgarian or spain always unlocked, as i always made a test game if i am really locked on to microsoft live.

I dunno how to unlock these though…

I like to earn all achievements of games if possible

Gamertag: NOOBSERVICE

Please help or find a way to solve this issue for all of us, devs!

I got the Masterpiece achievement 2 years ago with friends on Steam but Xblive deactivated. Last week I got it to my Xblive account

I used to think that once you get it on Steam you wont be able to get it on Xbox. I tried family sharing but the achievements i can’t get is:

Kill 1000 units with demo ships
Shoot 100k arrows with Chu ko Nus
Convert 1000 units
Convert 100 units with missionaries
Get 500 food from polish Folwarks

Weird as it sounds, it would unlock for sure if we played on Microsoft Store version, maybe the game can recognize achievements related to campaign or the ones you need to train 10 houfnice, research flamish revolution and get at least 50 flamish pikes.

Maybe xblive cannot detect progress (or cannot after any last patch)

1 Like

I still got the same issue. I can obtain campaign achievement without any problems or if i win a game with a civilization and get it unlocked on steam and xbox live but not the one where to kill, convert, produce huge amount of units…

Evenso i tried family sharing or using the account of my wife…

Game Version:
Steam
I am now in the same boat after getting the DLC on steam and an update on Dec 31st. I was working on DesertRose and had finished the William Wallace and Joan of Arc Campaigns and started Barbarosa. I got the Teutonics Victory, Furor Teutonicus, Losing Your Religion, Pleasant Peasant and Castle Crusher all in Steam, but no go in XBOX. I switched over to Leawildcat and backed up to try for Joan. Did the first 2 campaigns and got the Steam Achievements but nada in XBOX. I checked all the services and the XBOX server and neither of those worked. I’ll try with game pass, plus clearing all my caches and resetting the MS store. Sometimes that works with AOEDE.

BTW, I stumbled on to a fix that shut off a service for XBOX Live. Do the following to see if that helps any of you.

1. Type services.msc in the search bar and select ‘run as administrator’
  2. Find ‘Connected Devices Platform’ and right click, selecting properties
  3. Changing the startup type from ‘disabled’ to ‘Automatic (Delayed Start)’ and then start the service
  4. Sign out of MS Store, Steam, XBOX Live, and XBOX Console.
  5. Reboot and sign back in in this order MS Store, XBOX Console, XBOX Live, and Steam.

When I did this all of my notifications went bizarre, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me this time. Since everything was just hunky dory before gettin the dlc and update in the same day, I suspect it was on of those. I am going to try the game pass and see what happens and I’ll also see if unistalling the dlc’s will fix it. At least I will be able to isolate it.

Okay so I got it working again, but I cannot tell you which one was the problem. I tried first just clearing cache, but no go still. So I tried game pass, still no go. So cleaned caches again and just for funzies I verified my game files in Steam. I also made sure I could bring up the XBOX game bar with the achievements and friends loaded, but still a no go. Cleaned caches and rebooted. I loaded and signed into XBOX console, then the XBOX Live app. I thought I had better check services so I made sure all of these services were running: Connected Devices Platform, Data Sharing Service, Gaming Services, IP Helper, Xbox Live Game Save (this one is giving me problems), Xbox Live Networking Service and had to start Data Sharing and Xbox Game Save. I then started Steam and went into the settings and under the DLC tab unchecked them both and then launched the game. Tried it and didn’t take, but just as I was about to close and quit for the night, I noticed in the upper right that my icon wasn’t present and just had the green Xbox logo and underneath my game name, it said not logged on to Xbox Live. So I clicked then Xbox icon and logged into my account, again. My icon, which is the same as here, came up. I tried it and I got the win for the Franks and it even gave me the William Wallace one that I had in Steam, but not in Xbox! I also earned both in Steam and Xbox Out of Their Element achievement.

Now for some reason the Xbox Live Game Save service, will not stay on automatic or automatic (delayed start) I have to start it every time and change it. I don’t know for sure that it has anything to do with the issue, but the description says that it “syncs save data for Xbox Live save” and am thinking if you are just using Xbox Live save in the cloud, but since it involves saving, figured it wouldn’t hurt considering the issues. I will tell you that for any game that has Xbox Live Achievements, the ‘Connected Devices Platform’ service has to be running or it won’t count achievements. I found this out with MS Solitaire, Jurassice World, and Forgotten City.

I will try tomorrow adding the DLCs back in one at a time and see if it is still not cooperating. I will also check the ‘counts’ achievements are logging properly. Which I suspect is part of the problem because you have a percent complete in Steam but Xbox is still not showing 0%.

1 Like

Ok gang, I got it with the DLCs installed!!

First and foremost make sure you are logged in to Xbox Live in the game:
LoggedOut
This is not logged in.
CorrectLogin
Now you got it!

Also, make sure you are logged in to the Xbox Live app and Xbox Companion Console app in Windows. Once the game is loaded, hit the windows key and g to bring up the Xbox game bar and I have mine cleared of everything but achievements and friends. If it doesn’t come up, in windows go the Settings>Gaming>Xbox Game Bar and turn it on. While there, go down to Xbox Networking and check the network. If it comes up with a fail or blocked, hit the fix it button and see if that works. If it doesn’t click on the link and it will take you to step by step instructions from Xbox to get it going.

If you don’t start logging achievements in Xbox after that (Sorry, you will have to redo the achievements) then do this procedure:

1. Type services.msc in the search bar and select ‘run as administrator’
  2. Find ‘Connected Devices Platform’ and right click, selecting properties
  3. Change the startup type from ‘disabled’ to ‘Automatic (Delayed Start)’ and then start the service or just start the service if it is not running
    3b. Do that for Data Sharing Service, Gaming Services, IP Helper, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service as well
  4. Sign out of MS Store, Steam, XBOX Live, and XBOX Console.
  5. Clear all caches especially steam and windows (I use CCleaner to do it all in one shot)
  6. Reboot and sign back in in this order MS Store, XBOX Console, XBOX Live, and Steam and the Game. If you are logged on anywhere, sign out then resign back in to refresh the connections.

I think that is it. Let me know if it gets things working for you. If you are logging certain achievements but not others, let me know and I’ll test it to see what the dealio is.

1 Like

I unistalled Xbox console companion long ago because they messaged the app would deprecate soon to favor the Xbox game pass one… if i remember correctly, the companion app track the wololo progress, demo ship kills and all the stuff, right?

You are correct. I remember the message and when you log out and in on the companion, you get it again. They have not fully upgraded the Xbox Live App to companion status. Companion is where I still check progress, can add non-MS Store games and it still functions. It’s one of the feedback items we have been complaining about with the Live App. You can still download it, if you need it.

Xbox Console Companion

I did it all, no difference, no tracking, no progress was made. Sad

It was back to working until today. Got Holy Roman Emperor in both Steam and Xbox. Saved my game and left to run some errands. Came home and finished Antipope the long way (so I could up my counts on units killed) and I got the Knocking on you Door achievement in Steam but not Xbox. Looked at my logs and saw this:

Setup post mod manager
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 06:13:23.606 (UTC) XboxPlatform::SetPresence not successful: XboxLiveContext is null
rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:15:42.445 (UTC) CallContext::SetComplete - ExtendedError -5 for ExtensionDoExternalCallEvent. Exception ID .
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:15:42.445 (UTC) ExtensionDoExternalCallEvent - response was failure: 401
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:15:49.760 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered
Closing video
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:18:06.688 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:19:50.257 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:20:05.929 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered
Save result:Success
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:40:34.226 (UTC) Achivement failed to update
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:40:43.033 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:40:43.285 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:40:43.292 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 18:41:22.321 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 19:51:23.372 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 20:52:00.798 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 21:01:42.350 (UTC) CallContext::SetComplete - ExtendedError -16 for SetProfileStatValuesAsync. Exception ID .
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 21:01:42.350 (UTC) SetProfileStatValuesAsync - response was failure: -46
[rlink - error] 2022/01/07 21:54:28.027 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 01:15:22.170 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 02:03:22.656 (UTC) CallContext::SetComplete - ExtendedError -16 for SetProfileStatValuesAsync. Exception ID .
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 02:03:22.656 (UTC) SetProfileStatValuesAsync - response was failure: -46
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 02:16:54.156 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 03:17:51.198 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 04:01:49.240 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 04:01:49.243 (UTC) Achivement not modified
[rlink - error] 2022/01/08 04:01:49.266 (UTC) Achivement not modified

I am putting in a new harddrive tomorrow with a fresh Windows Install and see if I still get the same issues as before and if I can narrow it down on what is causing the issue. I’ve never seen the above before so check your logs and see if you have something similar. If it is still there after the fresh install, I will open a ticket with Xbox to find out what the issue is.

What a nightmare. I’m OCD about this kind of stuff not matching. If I’d known there were sync issues I wouldn’t have linked my Xbox Profile in the first place. Could a dev please address this?

When I linked AOE4, all my previous Steam achievements instantly began popping up on my Xbox Profile. Synced perfectly without having to replay anything. Why is this not the case with AOE2: DE or AOE3: DE?

1 Like

SSDD
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. Life kinda had to get in the way. So after new harddrives, thermal paste, a good vacuum and dusting, and a clean WIN10 install, I am mostly back up and running. I haven’t loaded my other account yet as I am cleaning up this account and getting my work account going. The verdict, new achievements like today, I got for winning a game as the Italians, are going through. Old achievements, particularly the ones that have counts, like the trebuchets, farms, etc., still not updating with the same BS as I posted before.

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:19:30.472 (UTC) Achivement not modified

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:19:30.510 (UTC) Achivement not modified

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:19:31.130 (UTC) Achivement failed to update

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:19:35.203 (UTC) Achivement not modified

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:19:35.213 (UTC) Achivement not modified

[rlink - error] 2022/02/23 04:20:25.628 (UTC) Unknown presenceID entered

This is getting old guys. It doesn’t matter if I play on Steam or Xbox, SSDD. I’ll be making a report tomorrow and go from there. Check your logs and see if you guys are getting the same thing. I thought at first it might have been the old save files, so I didn’t load them before I played today, and that is not the issue. If I get a solution, I’ll post it. And yes this drives me crazy because I am OCD about this, LOL.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for this new information. I have updated our ticket with it ~ヾ(^∇^)

Finally. Thank you iko

Iko, you want the whole log?
Edit>>
I sent them in as a support request.

Well, I ended up spending the month grinding out all the achievements. Currently at 58/63. I didn’t have an issue with them not unlocking, it just really irked me that they didn’t sync back over from Steam to XBL. It works as you’d expect on AOE IV, just not III.

I also have a problem with the Fast Food achievement. It was unlocked on Steam, but not on XBL. Tried once more - nothing changed. Then I used the other Steam account - got it for that account, but still not on XBL.

So this is still bugged in the 59165 build. A fix is needed.

Yup still not fixed, kinda like the crashing too. I still say it has to do wih them moving Console to XBL app to the MS store and the security settings there are not letting “counts” go through. And that is precisely why we do not buy from the store. They need to get over it and stop putting game files in the their not so hidden directory.

is this ever going to be fixed?

I just started playing recently. I had been earning achievements in both Steam and Xbox fine, but the “It’s a Treb!” achievement only unlocked in Steam and not on Xbox. I tried the “log into a different Steam account while logged into your same Xbox profile” trick, and met the requirements again, and again only earned the achievement in Steam and not on Xbox.

I’m a big fan of Age of Empires II and am loving this version so far, but having these sorts of issues with achievements is a huge bummer.

2 Likes

So continuing off of this, based off of my experience so far, is every achievement that is cumulative in nature not going to sync properly between my Steam and Xbox profiles?

Every achievement so far that has synced properly has been like “complete the ___ campaign” or “win a match with _____”, or “destroy a trebuchet with a trebuchet”, but “kill 25 enemies with a trebuchet” and “build 1000 farms” unlocked on Steam, but not Xbox.

2 Likes