Achievement problems between steam/xbox accounts: Re-earning achievements

Ok gang, I got it with the DLCs installed!!

First and foremost make sure you are logged in to Xbox Live in the game:
LoggedOut
This is not logged in.
CorrectLogin
Now you got it!

Also, make sure you are logged in to the Xbox Live app and Xbox Companion Console app in Windows. Once the game is loaded, hit the windows key and g to bring up the Xbox game bar and I have mine cleared of everything but achievements and friends. If it doesn’t come up, in windows go the Settings>Gaming>Xbox Game Bar and turn it on. While there, go down to Xbox Networking and check the network. If it comes up with a fail or blocked, hit the fix it button and see if that works. If it doesn’t click on the link and it will take you to step by step instructions from Xbox to get it going.

If you don’t start logging achievements in Xbox after that (Sorry, you will have to redo the achievements) then do this procedure:

1. Type services.msc in the search bar and select ‘run as administrator’
  2. Find ‘Connected Devices Platform’ and right click, selecting properties
  3. Change the startup type from ‘disabled’ to ‘Automatic (Delayed Start)’ and then start the service or just start the service if it is not running
    3b. Do that for Data Sharing Service, Gaming Services, IP Helper, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service as well
  4. Sign out of MS Store, Steam, XBOX Live, and XBOX Console.
  5. Clear all caches especially steam and windows (I use CCleaner to do it all in one shot)
  6. Reboot and sign back in in this order MS Store, XBOX Console, XBOX Live, and Steam and the Game. If you are logged on anywhere, sign out then resign back in to refresh the connections.

I think that is it. Let me know if it gets things working for you. If you are logging certain achievements but not others, let me know and I’ll test it to see what the dealio is.

1 Like