Achievement problems between steam/xbox accounts: Re-earning achievements

Game Version:

• 101.101.32911.0 4395365
  • Steam

Issue:

So I’ve played through a couple of singleplayer games which has given me a couple of steam achievements, but I had forgotten that we were able to sign into an xbox/microsoft account which would let you earn the same achievements for your xbox account, however there was an issue.

I wanted to re-earn the few easy achievement had already gotten so I just played a few more singleplayer games, but noticed that the game was not re-registering that I had completed an achievement, meaning that anything I had already earned before I logged into my microsoft account could not be re-earned for the ms account.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Make sure you are not signed into a ms/xbox account
  2. Earn any achievement on the steam version of the game, preferably something easy to get so you can replicate faster
  3. Sign into a ms/xbox account
  4. Try to re-earn that same achievement and note that you will get no xbox achievement.

note: Achievements outlined were the ones I tried to re-earn after I signed into my xbox account.

note: These two achievements were new ones I had earned after signing into my xbox account and they unlocked on steam and xbox

6 Likes

Were you able to find a solution? I have the same issue as well, I tried linking my Steam account with the Xbox game bar and still nothing, hope there is a solution soon.

1 Like

Nope, going to have to wait for a dev to reply to this to let us know if they are attempting to work on a fix. Sucks.

1 Like

Same thing for me, except I earned some of the achievements during the beta (like beating the William Wallace campaign), they are unlocked on my Steam account, but don’t sync with Windows Live.

1 Like

Same Issue, I unlocked “Age of Empires” achievement in both platform (win with every civ in game) but cannot earn “win with Celt civ” in Xbox due to this reason. It really ironic isn’t it? (Celt is no longer civ in AoE 2 Huh?)

1 Like

It seems like there are some chance similar issue arise even after you logged in Xbox

Thus if dev add a feature enforcing re-sync achievement manually that could be helpful.

3 Likes

Game Version:

• Latest Version
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

I have a issue with achivements (Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition):
When I started playing (on Steam) I did the first mission of a campaign and I unlocked three achievements but I had not yet signed in on Xbox Live and therefore these achievements only unlocked on Steam. Then, once logged in also on Xbox Live, the achievements that I unlocked later were normally also unlocked on Xbox but, those three achievements previously unlocked on Steam did not automatically unlock on Xbox and they did not unlock even trying to complete them again. How can I fix this? Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry if I created a new topic but I had not seen that it was already present. Anyway, still no solution?

1 Like

No, still no word from the devs about this

2 Likes

Very good…… :unamused:

1 Like

I have the same issue Age of Empires 2 DE achievemnts are recorded in Steam but not in Xbox live. AoE2 DE is connected to my Xbox Live Account.
Age of Empires DE achievments on the other hand are properly recorded in Steam & Xbox Live.

1 Like

Bump The issue still persits… Several achievements unlocked for me in Steam but not in Xbox Live like f.e. Furor Teutonicus or Losing Your Religion and as I see here now this issue has been going on from the very launch of the game yet the devs have imposed censorship for ingame chat rather than solving anything instead. With regards to my atrocious experience with Age of Empires II HD MP save restore broken since 2016 I think this bug will also not get fixed any time soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, there are few achievements that I cant unlock on my Xbox profile, but I’ve already got them on steam. For some reason I never got them on my Xbox profile, is there way to fix this?

I tried to do them again but it didn’t help.

Im currently downloading Game Pass version of the game and do them there if it fixes it.

2 Likes

I am afraid it will not nor you should expect the devs to fix anything as they are very bad at fixing things especially their own mess.

I managed to get missing achievements with free Game Pass offer and MS Store version!

2 Likes

Well that is very interesting and much welcomed outcome certainly isn‘t an intended feature. I once tried Game Pass (September-November) however I have not been able to play a thing because installation storage was set at drive C by default and even MS support wasn‘t able to figure out how to change the storage to drive D… I have had several UWP games purchased at the time and none of them suffered from such problem - it was exclusive to all those from GamePass.

However, thank you for the tip. Did you have to play the missions/do stuff all over again or has the game sort of “synched” with Steam unlocking missing Xbox counterparts?

1 Like

It was like fresh copy of the game, you can see achievement progress on windows game bar (win + g) too. And now when you install games on MS store, it lets you change hdd’s. I was missing like achievements for celts/spanish victory and hard/normal 1v1 AI win so it wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

Now when I am thinking about it then yes, it may reset broken achievements, but it could also sort of reset other Xbox achievements which are in progress…

Anyways bunch of thanks and cheers to you! It is unbelievable that after all those years AoE dev team albeit creative collective of people constantly makes an impression of amateurs codingwise…

2 Likes

No problem!
Fix could be easy as adding support for Game Bar on Steam version but hopefully they come up with something better than my fixes :wink:

I’m having hard time with AOE1 DE achievements with Steam version as well… but it’s completely different story.

1 Like

Age of Empires I DE is a lost opportunity in my opinion, the game could have been so much more… Unique units, distinct architectures for civs, gates, fortresses, renewable resources perhaps… Too plain today, no prob with achievements there for me tho! However - funnily enough - the Xbox achievements from Steam Store are different to achievements from Microsoft Store despite both being Xbox achievements. Judging by this I would not rather hope for anything. :smiley:

1 Like