Achievements Will Not Trigger if You Load a Saved Game

I did not get achievements until I played through the final mission again without loading a save.

1 Like

Hi devs,

I had to reload the game from an automatic save a couple of times to try and get the “Siegebreaker” achievement in the first battle of Lincoln on hard difficulty. It felt like an achievement, BUT…

The Steam achievement did not pop!!

I realized it was because of the fact that I loaded a save. The same happened with the achievement in “North to York”. I had forgotten to collect the treasure chests in my first try so I loaded a save and it didn’t give me the achievement.

I hope this get fixed soon. Till then I’ll hold off playing the campaign, since I only want to get the achievements for doing them in hard difficulty.

Also if this get fixed, will the achievement pop on its own, or will I have to do the mission again?

Thank you for the awesome campaigns tho!! I’m excited to play them once this bug is sorted out.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’ll get a team to look into this.

1 Like

Dude thanks for the post, I was trying to get these achievements and wondered why they wouldn’t come up.
Replaying the missions without loading a save worked nicely!

2 Likes

As the title suggests, I have completed the Norman campaign but the achievement does not unlock, I have loaded the save several times but the achiIn elaborazione: ang_chp4_lincoln - save3.sav…
evement does not unlock

I would like to attach the save but it is not of the format accepted by the forum

I’m playiing game pass/ms store version.

7 Likes

I’m using the Steam version, and I’m experiencing the same issue. (So the Steam achievement does not unlock)

2 Likes

I have the same problem in MS store version(game pass).
The difference is that in my case, it is The Mongol Empire campaign.

1 Like

Play and clear the last mission at once without save.

1 Like

Tried this on Windows, didn’t work, I’m afraid

1 Like

Have you changed graphics settings and loaded a saved campaign in the mean time? If so, that might be the reason. Only solution I can think of would be to just restart the last mission, not just load a save point.

1 Like

Yeah, started the last mission from scratch and played right through

1 Like

I think the devs are aware of this issue and looking into it. I’ma just play skirmish/multiplayer for now

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not the end of the world and there’s so much else to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too had this bug I think it is because the achievement isnt actually given until the cutscene following the completion of the mission and if you dont click continue after the scenario ends to trigger the closing cutscene for the campaign you dont get the achievement.

My first go on this mission I clicked quit after the game completion screen instead of continue, no achievement. Second go on this mission I clicked continue on the completion screen, the cutscene triggered and then a few seconds into it I got the Norman campaign completion achievement

1 Like

Same problem in the 100 years campaign too… :frowning:

3 Likes

Hey all! We are aware of these and are tracking Achievements issues internally. Apologies for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

Thanks for letting know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i completed the campaign. but the achievment did not work.

2 Likes

Same thing here. It is not recognizing completion in game or on the Steam achievement.

2 Likes

If you reloaded the last mission from a save, there is currently a bug that stops you from getting an achievement. I have reported this already.

2 Likes