Achievements Will Not Trigger if You Load a Saved Game

I’m having a problem with campaign achievements in Steam not triggering. Other non-campaign related achievements triggers just fine, just not the ones related to the campaign. For instance, I recently completed the Norman campaign, but the achivement won’t unlock.

I’ve tried both restarting Steam and my computer, as well as reviewing the game files and checking integrity.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a possible quick fix?

14 Likes

Hey @AskDimitry!

I’ll look into this and we’ll start tracking it internally.

Could you try quitting/restarting Age of Empires IV and let me know if that causes them to trigger?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Restarting the game did not fix the problem, unfortunately.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that on Steam the achievements will not trigger if you load a saved game. I’ve played most of the Norman campaign and on all of the missions where I loaded a saved game the achievements did not unlock.

2 Likes

Thank you! This detail could be really helpful.

1 Like

I noticed this issue too. I raided the danish camp in the norman campaign yet it did not trigger the counter-raid achievement. According to my save history I did a manual save. I dont remember if I continued it or just restarted the mission completely but I think the latter is the case. Ill try to reproduce it later.

2 Likes

hi loading a save game and playing it does not give achievements and experience.

1 Like

Update: I finally finished the norman campaign and the corresponding achievement did NOT unlock. The final mission was completed without saving/loading it.

2 Likes

Got it—thanks all! It’s now a known issue that saving will not allow achievements to trigger. We’re working on it!

4 Likes

Despite finishing all the missions in the campaign the rewards and achievements didn’t trigger. I even tried finishing last mission again but nothing changed.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue, finished all missions on hard but did not receive “The Normans” achievement.

1 Like

Im also having a similar one after completing all Mongol missions on Intermediate and no rewards.

1 Like

Same issue here. I didn’t get the “The Normans” achievement on Steam despite completing the campaign. I also didn’t get the “Siegebreaker” achievement despite not taking damage on the keep in the First Battle of Lincoln.

1 Like

Did you reload a save?

1 Like

I did reload it once in the final mission, yeah.

1 Like

Okay. I replayed the final mission from the beginning and didn’t load during the mission and it gave me the achievement. Still a bug that needs fixing of course.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks so much for reporting and sharing the information on loading saves potentially being part of the cause. We’ll get our team to take a look at what’s going on here.

3 Likes