Act II: Ice could do with some tweaks and fixes in DE

In the same fashion as this other thread detailing in which ways Act I: Blood needs updating, I decided to make a list to show in which ways the Act II could use some more love to bring it up to Definitive Edition standards. It has become apparent to me that the scenarios have been left mostly as they were in the original version, even when DE has brought us the means to improve them past their old limitations.

GENERAL

Issues :

• The Arsenal doesn’t offer the Incendiary Grenades technology.
  • Several cutscenes feature Exploration Age buildings, even though their subsequent scenarios start in the Commerce or Fortress Age.
  • Nonahkee’s Heal ability requires activation to work.

Proposed Solutions:

• Enable the Incendiary Grenades technology at the Arsenal.
  • Change the ages of the buildings featured in the cutscenes from Exploration Age to Commerce or Fortress Age, for consistency in between scenarios.
  • If possible, enable passive healing for Nonahkee.

DEFEND THE COLONY

Issues :

• Several Cherokee units (aside from the Riflemen) have no attack modifiers, regardless of unit type.
  • Some Cherokee waves feature Lakota Axe Riders, even though the Lakota were unknown to John Black’s Mercenaries at the time.

Proposed Solutions:

• Give the Cherokee units attack modifiers according to their unit type.
  • Replace the Lakota Axe Riders with a more thematically appropriate native cavalry.

THE RESCUE

Issues :

• The Haudenosaunee village is surrounded by European Walls.
  • A European Outpost is in the Haudenosaunee village, acting as a drop-off point for Shipments.
  • Ká:nien’s dialogue text says the British white men will pay at the hands of these Haudenosaunee warriors while the voiceline still says Iroquois in their place

Proposed Solutions:

• Replace the walls with the Haudenosaunee variants.
  • Replace the Outpost with a Haudenosaunee War Hut. Disable all training options, if reliance on Trading Posts for recruitment is still meant to be maintained, but keep the ability to upgrade to Strong or Mighty War Hut.
  • Change Ká:nien’s dialogue text to say “Iroquois” in between quotation marks (The British white men will pay at the hands of these “Iroquois” warriors). This helps point out the term as an exonym, and makes Ka:nien’s line imply a sense of irony, given the British aggression.

COLONEL WASHINGTON

Issues :

Washington dialogue text says “He will not bother your Haudenosaunee friends again”, while his voiceline still says “Iroquois”

Proposed Solutions:

Revert Washington’s dialogue text back to referring to them as “Iroquois”. This would be consistent with Washington’s nature as an outsider to the Haudenosaunee.

RESPECT

Issues :

• The Lakota allies is referred to as “Great Plains” and represented as the placeholder Native Americans civilization.
  • Greta doesn’t benefit from all the damage modifiers her unit type should receive.

Proposed Solutions:

• Give the Lakota allies a more appropriate player name and give them the Lakota civilization
  • Give Greta the damage modifiers her unit type usually gets (such as bonus vs. ranged cavalry).

As always, please let me know if any of these have already been fixed, and if there are other details I may have missed. Act III: Steel is next.