Add Tapirs to replace the Javelina

I have been playing AOE2 for about 15 years and it has started to bother me that American maps use the Javelina instead of the Boar. The reason being is that the boar isn’t native to the Americas and was introduced by European colonists.

However the Javelina is tiny and wimpy compared to the boar weighing in at around 50lbs as an adult. That’s around 1/3rd the weight of a adult boar.

The Tapir on the other hand is found all across south and central America where the 3 American civilizations were located. They’re also known to be very dangerous and weigh significantly more than the boar and they are a common target for hunting which devastated their population in the modern era.

9 Likes

Unnecessary, you can do it yourself, with modding the text file string.

Yea we need the Tapir for AOE2DE maps. We need more animals.

6 Likes

Agree, we need more variety in the map editor, not just tapirs, what about capybaras, yaks, rosters, etc?
Even AoE3 has more variety than AoE2 in this regard
You could also request more variety of trees, terrain and environments. Before the release of the DE, all the DLCs added a ton of stuff in the scenario editor, with the last 2 DLCs not being the case.

4 Likes

More animals added to biome specific random maps.
Please provide us with an OPTIONAL setting where you can select specific random map biomes based on region , for instance:

Arabia- Desert or Grass

Black forest: Oak forest (Northern European), Pine forest, Autumn , Winter (Snow)

Costal: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)Dessert,Jungle

Mediteranian: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)

Rivers: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

Gold Rush: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

and so forth, with the appropriate animals to match each biome.

1 Like

They got damn lazy. Hunting dogs (not the wolf) should have been added, along with hippos, seals, tapir, yaks, giraffes, hyenas and pandas.

That’s right, a lot content to add

That’s too AoE4, I’m not asking for that
Just more options to be able to work in the scenery editor that could translate into better map approaches

tapir snout? GTA Vice City all cutscenes HD GAME - YouTube

Tapirs are also found in SE Asia, more specifically around the Malay peninsula, so we could add it to certain Asia-themed maps as well.

1 Like

there are lions crocodile bears and more
look in the editor people

We are asking for more, we know what we have
AoE3 has more on this regard than AoE2

1 Like

It’s great to see how fans put so much love into the game and care for such small details. That’s why I love this game :slightly_smiling_face: Its historical foundations mean everyone around the world can participate and add fresh ideas

2 Likes

no Tapir introduced yet? Give us Tapir :rofl:

3 Likes