Advancing to Fortress Age TWICE on Sahel map in the same game (see pictures if you don't believe me)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: 13.12327
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

As in the title. This happened to the AI, not to me. But here are the pictures. I also attach two saved games below.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Happened both times on Sahel map with the AI. AI was fine on other maps. I was unable to reproduce this issue on other maps.

See the second picture, where AI is advancing to Fortress Age and also researching some veteran upgrade.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play on Sahel map. I played two times both times with french AI opponent.
  2. Let the game progress. I noticed both times the AI chose the Bishop to advance first.

I do not know if it can happen to human players. The same AI did not do this on other maps I tested. It did not happen to me, only the AI.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Advance to Fortress Age ONCE, then advance to Industrial, not fortress.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
I have two saved games:

Record Game 2022-06-26 13-09-26.age3Yrec (16.6 MB)
Record Game 2022-06-26 14-55-28.age3Yrec (18.9 MB)

Hello! I unfortunately could not reproduce this. Could you please provide a saved game (age3Ysav) of this happening? Thanks. :+1:

Hi!

Thanks for looking into this.

I have some recorded games in my post. Not saved ones.

Is there a way to generate saves from the recorded games?

Thanks!

Heya!
Unfortunately, recorded games cannot be used for that purpose! You will have to reproduce it again and save the game from the pause menu.

Thanks in advance!

Also @gmenyhart both times it happened, the Bishop was chosen as the first fortress age politician.

I played another game where the Bishop was not chosen and this issue didn’t happen again.

Side note: the AI is doing well these days, thank you very much!

1 Like