African Elite and Champion upgrades not researched in a Post Imperial game start

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: #100.12.37816.0 UP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When the game is started in Post-Imperial age, Ethiopia and Hausa units have their legendary upgrade but they don’t have their elite and champion upgrades. I guess this is because the elite and champion upgrades are kinda like big button techs, and may have gotten ignored.

I have attached pictures and recordings below.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game in Post-Imperial age with African civs in the mix.
  2. Observe how African units have lower stats than is expected even though they are legendary. (Most units are supposed to have at least twice their initial hp and attack, but I find that most units have about 1.5 times the initial hp and attack.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Elite and Champion upgrades should be researched in Post-Imperial setting.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Some pictures below. Observe the stats aren’t as high as expected:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
For the Hausa, the file is:
Hausa_no_elite_champion.age3Yrec (4.2 MB)
For the Ethiopians, the file is:
Ethiopia_no_elite_champ.age3Yrec (4.3 MB)

1 Like

Heey @DiplexBoss6, thanks for testing out the new civs! We’re already tracking the missing upgrades bug :slight_smile:

3 Likes