After the latest maintenance, custom lobby game not loading and stuck on loading screen

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: after August 28th patch
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

After the latest maintenance, custom lobby game not loading and stuck on loading screen no one loaded

played multiple games, 4/7 games not loading all stuck at loading screen for every player

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 75% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. host lobby
  2. play game with 6-8 players
  3. watch game not load

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

load properly

2 Likes

This is also happening to me.

2 Likes

Also keep getting bumped from lobbies, infinite load scree, or the game loses connection to the multiplayer server. worked fine all week, then has been borked since maintenance.

2 Likes

honestly not sure how they manage to break the game more by doing “maintenance” especially they have done it probably over 20 times in last 2 years, yet they manage to change something and break things.

1 Like

It feels like the major add from updates and maintenances are new bugs…

2 Likes

I WILL TELL YOU ONE FURTHER. i WAS IN THE LOBBY LOOKING AT THE CIRCLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN…12 MINUTES AND COUNTING. FINALLY IN MY FRUSTRATION i LEFT, HOPING THIS WOULD REBOOT THE SYSTEM AND ALLOW FOR SMOTTHER CONNECTION. INSTEAD I WAS PUNISHED FOR LEAVING THE ROOM. BANNED FOR A LIMITED TIME. NO WAY TO APPEAL THE BAN. NO WAY TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER. JUST ME CONSIDERING IF STEAM HAS ANY OTHER RTS GAMES TO PLAY. ONES WHERE YOU DONT GET ARBITRARILY PUNISHED FOR SIMPLY UTILIZING THE OPTION TO LEAVE A LOBBY AFTER NEARLY 15 MINUTES OF CONNECTING…CIRCLE CIRCLE CIRLE (LIKE i AM TRYING TO PLAY OVER 56K …)

Your posts are a lot easier to read if you turn caps lock off.

1 Like

did you get a lot of connection problems too?

Yeah this is happening in ranked game lobbies as well. Gets stuck on loading screen, drops and then bans me for disconnecting from matchmaking game too early.

2 Likes

Hey guys, we are aware of the ongoing connection issues, thanks!

2 Likes

please. PLEASE give this a hotfix, unplayable at this point.

maybe instead of been aware fix the problem or better yet make sure your updates don’t break the game
you people do it too often
i do my job maybe you guys do yours for once?

Classic from the aoe 2 devs no ?

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: recent 22/09/08
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam

SINCE RECENT SERVER MAINTENANCE:
mp queue will stop. then in main menu it says disconnected from multiplayer.
can join and launch custom mp game, but then on the loading screen the players won’t checkmark and game will be stuck on loading screen.
also there is an abnormal chat delay (~10sec to 1 min) even before the server maintenance.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. try to play ranked tg or ranked custom lobby
1 Like

just another dev fail stuffing the game again
can’t wait for the “its your pc”
maybe try and stop breaking the game for once

2 Likes

alright i restarted my pc another time and now it works again.
idk why it didnt work on the first restart, it feels pretty random…

• GAME BUILD #: recent 22/09/08
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam

SINCE RECENT SERVER MAINTENANCE:
mp queue will stop. then in main menu it says disconnected from multiplayer.
can join and launch custom mp game, but then on the loading screen the players won’t checkmark and game will be stuck on loading screen.
also there is an abnormal chat delay (~10sec to 1 min) even before the server maintenance.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

1. custom lobby 4v4 vs AI

server in de koreacentral

Restarting steam helped me. But I managed to get a 30 minute timeout after another repetition of the problem.

I was waiting in the ranked game queue , then suddenly the clock stopped counting the time, then I back to the main menu and it told me that I was disconnected so I click reconnect, then I tried to start a ranked game again, and now it told me I was disconnected from a previous game so I need to wait for 5 mins. Ok several minutes later it happened again and this time it was 15 mins and a next time it was 30 mins. It’s crazy I hate it. What’s going on?