Aftermath map deleted my scout

Game information

• Build: 101.101.54684.0 7486483
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating system: Windows 10

Issue experienced

I just played a Ranked RM 1v1 on Aftermath. In the first second of the game, my scout was deleted. He happened to be standing pretty close to a gate that got deleted, so I suspect there is a trigger in the map script that just deletes everything in a specific area, and my scout got killed by the trigger.

This is extremely unfair because the trigger did not delete my opponent’s scout: she had the choice to use it for scouting or to delete it herself. (Luckily I won anyway!)

I noticed that most of the time, the scout spawns much closer to the TC, which avoids this issue. But for some reason, my scout spawned next to the gate. Maybe the scout can be positioned better or the script can be changed to only delete buildings.

Frequency of issue

Less than 25%. Probably pretty rare or it would have been fixed already.

Reproduction steps

When I open the Objectives menu while watching the recorded game, it says “Seed: -397927663”. I am not familiar with map scripting, but I would think that the best way to reproduce this is to regenerate the map using same game settings and seed as I did.

Or maybe if you do this thousands of times maybe you would see it happen:

1. Set up a 1v1 Skirmish game with the recommended settings for Random Map.
  2. Set the map to Aftermath.
  3. Choose Goths for your civilization and Lithuanians for the enemy’s civilization.
  4. Start the game and see if your scout gets deleted in the first few seconds.

Expected result

Both players should have the same number of scouts after the gates are deleted.

Screenshot

Recorded game

aftermath_rip_scout.aoe2record (1.6 MB)

2 Likes

Hello, this is luckily already tracked issue, thanks for the report nonetheless.
Have a nice day.
:slight_smile:

1 Like