Age of empires 2 DE

aoe DE even though good graphics&music,the game misses the real gameplay strategy & units of aoe2.So it""ll be good to see aoe 2 DE around.
Don’t need much changes put aoe2 gameplay& units to aoeDE

3 Likes

AOE 2 DE is in the works. They announced such back when AOE 1 DE was revealed, and have since confirmed that it is still in development.
Likewise, AOE 3 is also in the pipeline.

3 Likes

Is there any news about the timeline of AOE DE??

Kinda strange that we didn‘t hear any news since last year august…

1 Like

We know it’s in the works. That’s about it right now.

1 Like

Can it be reasonably expected that the AoE II: DE will include The Conquerors in much the same was as AoE:DE contains Rise of Rome?

In addition, do you guys think that it may also include later expansions like the Forgotten Empires/Rise of the Rajas/African Kingdoms?

2 Likes

Yes, it will include all expansions, it was confirmed on a Microsoft stream.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there was an issue with saving the stream so only those who were able to catch it live heard the news.

1 Like

I wish this game has a strategic sophiscation upto a chess game.I mean the victory is based on the performance of each unit.
And much more advanced AI that learns from your previous game strategies is also good.

1 Like

What? Where did you feel that?

It will contain all the expansions till the Rise of the Rajas.

What is that supposed to mean? I don’t really get it.

1 Like

I mean, I wish that AOE 2 DE focus more on strategic winning moves,ie, how effectively we play,ie increase the AI part rather than focusing more on Graphics department.I want this game to be more tough like chess & the winning based on the best strategic skills of the player.Let the Ai be more strategic.Let each unit including even a villager has good influence in the victory

As Cysion suggests, a 1 v 7 for the new AI vs the old AIs on the extreme difficulty is an absolute win for the new AI. They are making pro gamer AI here. They are using the pro tactics for the AI. It’s confirmed.

It is quite strategic even in the Rise of Rajas, but the DE is gonna be way better.

1 Like