Age of Empires 4 - Wishes

I am way against micro transactions. If it comes down to that then I will not support. As for Japan being op… Hopefully they will take time to balance. If they balanced would you be ok with cards? I understand you say they speed up the game. Imo I feel they add wayyy more variety to the game. That’s what I like. And that’s what made me study aoe3 and has been my favorite rts. As for the current making games for profit, not fun, era. I’m perfectly content with a monthly subscription… That would support monitoring against hackers as well as having an even playing field. If only companies weren’t so greedy…

1 Like

they said,aoe4 won’t have microtransactions

3 Likes

That’s your personal taste, not necessairly everyone’s.

Naval battles have always been part of Age of - games, and i don’t see why it should be limited. Quite the opposite, it needs serious improvement compared to previous titles (like auto cross-water army transporting)

1 Like

Wow. You really thought this though. Its a little gory but the visuals you describe are totally awesome. I disagree on one thing. I like building defensively just as much as I like fighting.

2 Likes

Some unit collusion and flanking mechanism.A horseman charging into a line of infantry should be able to break it while some infantry can hold other infantry from “diffusing in” to their ranks.Mass and presense should mean something on the battlefield.

A vay to make constant money and resources(like having an inside trade route like in age of mythology or be able to grow food or harvest from replenishing resources).

Not overkill micro.Having some band system like in Dawn of War I have some advantage.Organised diciplined ranks had some advantage on just charging in individuals.I am not saying none but player shoudn’t be penalized if he cannot control every single horseman individually.A general that is giving so precise orders is also unrealistic.It’s usually “hey left flank attack from this side to these people” :).

Some sort of moralle system maybe(Dawn of war was great in that regard)

Loss of some building hurting the strategy.

Some sort of town militia/arrow (some sort of low cost high efficiency defense system) so you don’t have to deal with every single pesky knight slipping through.Thats not strategy thats just lame.

Selecting some sub-nations like in Emperor of dune to aid you at the begining of the multiplayer.

Mangudais!, Lots of Mangudais!

2 Likes