Age of Empires DE does not start

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro with Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7 3520M 2.90 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I installed Age of Empires DE this morning and the game starts I can see the logo of the game and then black screen and disappears.

Does anyone knows how can I solve this? Thank you.

Hello,

The same thing happens to me, although I have another PC, but it happens the same, it disappears when the game starts.

Thanks

I had the same problem and solved it by deactivating my anti-virus software.

Thanks for you answer but I don’t use any anti-virus software. Tried with firewall but didn’t worked.

I have the same problem, deactivated my AV software and the game still the same as everyone else previously mentioned. Showed the beta picture and then nothing. The game wasn’t even working anywhere in the task manager

I have the same problem.

I found this in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: AoEDE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a6e7749
Faulting module name: AoEDE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a6e7749
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000031a520
Faulting process id: 0x212c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d39ad285a2178b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DallasBeta_1.2.4838.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DallasBeta_1.2.4838.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe
Report Id: 344bfb7d-6b20-4240-a4e6-e18fdb2b392e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.DallasBeta_1.2.4838.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

The interesting thing is that I installed the game on D:

So I went poking around on D: and tried to open the folder “WindowsApps”. Windows informs me that I do not have permission to do that… I have now hijacked ownership of it, but the error persists. Even with execute-rights on the AoEDE.exe file on d: Windows claims I’m now allowed to execute it.

I will try a re-download of the game to C: and see if that changes anything (and also try and remember to report back).

Sadly, no help downloading it again and installing on C:

Same error as above. :frowning:

Same problem (build 4838).

Open the game, black screen some seconds, then close.

I seem to have found where the problem is.

I have a Core i7 with 6 GB Ram and an ATI Mobility Radeon 6670m with switchable grahics.

And the problem seems to be in the switchable graphics part. If I run the game using the ATI it fails, and wont open, but if I use the integrated chip, it loads.

Maybe a bad driver support of the game?
I play a lot in my PC and not a single game has failed me.

@BlogCraftChile said:
I seem to have found where the problem is.

I have a Core i7 with 6 GB Ram and an ATI Mobility Radeon 6670m with switchable grahics.

And the problem seems to be in the switchable graphics part. If I run the game using the ATI it fails, and wont open, but if I use the integrated chip, it loads.

Maybe a bad driver support of the game?
I play a lot in my PC and not a single game has failed me.

I’ve tried using the integrated graphics (Intel 4000) but it didn’t work for me…I’m still getting the black screen :cry:

same, i can’t play it

I am not playing it on a laptop. Only a Geforce GTX 970 gfx card in my computer.

Still doesn’t work after last update.

hey bro ! i fix it / résolu
kj3til kj3til was right
chang(ds panneau config install on peut déplacer vers : C)
ps : moove you ! Beta finish soon …
HF

I only have Local Disk (C:) so I can’t change anything.

Hello guys… did you find at the end how to get this issue solved?

Nope, no solution yet. :confused:

@BlogCraftChile said:
Nope, no solution yet. :confused:

If you have issues with the released version of the game, follow the instructions on the support page.

https://www.ageofempires.com/support

You may also find solutions in the AoE:DE Support Discussions subforum.