Age Of Empires DE Features

What do you think will or should be included in the next update?

1 Like

I have some things that I noticed since the beta :

-Enable Classic Mode in multiplayer games as in beta.
-Correct some graphical glitches still existing in Classic mode. (water shores, missing shadowsā€¦)
-Enable player color choosing in multiplayer games as in Age1.
-Egyptian Tool Age house shouldnā€™t be Bronze Ageā€™s one.
-Put some graphical impact of catapultā€™s bullet, at least the one from beta, not nothing.

Iā€™ve still my big ā€˜must fix listā€™ from the beta but as I didnā€™t test all of these recently, I canā€™t tell whatā€™s been solved and whatā€™s not, and some may be deprecated too.

2 Likes

Mine is more of a wish-list, as it goes into features from AOE 2. Mostly, I just hope to see:

1. Unit behavior/ stance controls that function as they do in other RTSā€™s (including AOE 2), instead of this ā€œactivate hold groundā€ thing we have now. Specifically, I hope to see Aggressive, Defensive, Stand Ground, No Attack" brought back.

2. I know this will not happen for game design reasons, but a part of me still really hopes that one day, we will see formations brought in. Formations were a huge part of ancient warfare, and it was always just really useful.

Those are the things I hope for personally. Donā€™t get all over my hide about how these will be the doom of the pro scene, or how itā€™ll make the game easy (?), or that itā€™s the one worst thing in the universe because XYZ, Iā€™m allowed to hope for things I likeā€¦

Thereā€™s clues that ELO ranking is returning and new achievements which were public Thursday but have since been pulled.

2 Likes