Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Beta is over

Hey all,

I’m seeing quite a few messages in my inbox saying that people suddenly can’t play the beta / see the game in their Insider Hub.

Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that the beta was shut down on Friday February 9th, so that is to be expected, and you are not having technical difficulties :slight_smile: If you pre-ordered you will have access to the full game at Midnight on Feb 20th! If you were just involved in the beta through the Insiders Program you will need to buy the game to be able to play it again on the 20th. You can do that here: bit.ly/buyaoede

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Cheers,
Jenn

Time to buy…

I was a beta participant and i have the game :slight_smile:

the only thing that makes me unstable, you know what??

I can’t sleep without playing AoE:DE every night… HAHAHA!!

February 20 is my Valentines Day <3 hahaha!!

i love you AoE Team :slight_smile:

Man, so sad I missed the beta! But I’ve played AOE so much several years ago, the Definitive Ed. looks amazing!

@AsphaltRacer28 said:
Man, so sad I missed the beta! But I’ve played AOE so much several years ago, the Definitive Ed. looks amazing!

20th you can play again.

I’m super excited to dive in again.

BUT! i hope with released version we may have better connection in multiplayer games. It was frustrating to see players getting disconnected so regularly.

I participated in the beta.

And I tried to preorder it… but I’m from the UK.

And although the preorder button says it’s in £ (my currency) after I click that button it redirects me to the Windows Store and the currency changes to $. I think to myself “Oh so there will just be an exchange rate” but then when I try to buy it it won’t let me pay with my VISA because it wants me to put my state in and I don’t have a state.

So I am unable to preorder the game in my country!!!

I just hope that on the 20th I’ll actually be allowed to buy the game… or is this game only able to be played by Americans? Because if so, when I participated in the beta, I’m being informed that rather late and extremely sad.

I just want to buy the game that’s all. But it won’t let me.

@OldCartoon466 No idea why it happened but don’t worry, the game isn’t for US people only. Maybe you should contact Microsoft support or check the FAQ in order to fix that. :slight_smile:

It’s because the link provided sends you to the US store rather than the country you want. Probably recommend opening the windows store on your PC and searching from there.

I’m in Australia and it works fine - it should automatically show the price in your currency if the store is working correctly :slight_smile:

@OldCartoon466 You must feel like an Englishman in New York, I guess. Check you location provisioning settings, probably something wrong with that.

@Penelinfi said:
I’m in Australia and it works fine - it should automatically show the price in your currency if the store is working correctly :slight_smile:

It does and it shows in £ but then when I actually click on preorder it switches from Xbox into the Windows store and the currency switches from £ to $.

Hopefully the problem is only with preordering so I’ll be able to buy it at Midnight tonight.

I finally fixed it guys. My region was set on America by default. Even though I’m in the UK and my clock is set to the UK. Weird lol.

我从论坛看到了很多汇报BUG的帖子,不知道贵团队是否已经修复好了这些BUG? 否则不敢下手啊!!

@DaytimeBrush645 said:
我从论坛看到了很多汇报BUG的帖子,不知道贵团队是否已经修复好了这些BUG? 否则不敢下手啊!!

Absolutley

Hey Everyone !
Has anyone had any problem downloading the game ? I mean I left the game downloading all night, I woke up this morning and it still not even 3%. Has anyone had the same issue ?
Thank you!

@jennywaboom said:
Hey all,

I’m seeing quite a few messages in my inbox saying that people suddenly can’t play the beta / see the game in their Insider Hub.

Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that the beta was shut down on Friday February 9th, so that is to be expected, and you are not having technical difficulties :slight_smile: If you pre-ordered you will have access to the full game at Midnight on Feb 20th! If you were just involved in the beta through the Insiders Program you will need to buy the game to be able to play it again on the 20th. You can do that here: bit.ly/buyaoede

Cheers,
Jenn

I seem to have a problem in buying the game. Microsoft Store simply does not let me pay online for Australia store. I don’t have a US credit card and microsoft store needs me to enter an US address when purchasing?

@BeardedTube376 Please check your regional setting through control panel, probably your location has been set to United States instead of Australia which is redirecting you to the US store instead of Aussie Store.

@jennywaboom said:
Hey all,

Cheers,
Jenn

Jenny please make this alpha version run… I bought this game and it crashes after the title screen.

@OldCartoon466 said:
I finally fixed it guys. My region was set on America by default. Even though I’m in the UK and my clock is set to the UK. Weird lol.

I had the same problem too… i switched the region to mine. but the game’s not starting…