Age of Empires: Definitive Editions with Xbox Live on Steam?!

Hi!

As we know, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition finally landed on Steam and Age II: DE has a release date. Also, Microsoft is more open to release their games on Steam platform on day one, what we will see with Gears 5.

But… Gears 5 or Halo: The Master Chief Collection will have Xbox Live support with all its features (saves, Achievements, friends, one unified account) which will be a great complement for these games. Age of Empires, as one of the most famous Microsoft’s franchise, doesn’t have and won’t have Xbox Live support on Steam.

Why?! It could be even available as a additional option for gamers, not something compulsory for everyone on Steam. I think, as a AoE team, you should really consider this. Xbox game without all Xbox feature, even on third-party platform? So shame. I would really like to unlock some Achievements in this game throughout Steam.

Hi @S3V8, If you want all Xbox Live features buy the game on the Microsoft Store. Even though Age of Empires: Definitive Edition on Steam does not have many Xbox Live features, there are equivalents on Steam. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition on Steam also features multiplayer crossplay using Xbox Live.

1 Like

@anon63664082 So if the game features multiplayer cross-play through Xbox Live, why it can’t have full Xbox Live support as it’ll have Gears 5 or Halo: MCC? Not everyone wants to use Microsoft Store but they would like to use Xbox Live Achievements on Steam for example.

@S3V8 That’s a question for the developers which I can’t answer. I honestly do not know how many Xbox Live features are enabled for the Steam version.

The Xbox login does currently exist on the Steam platform, but is not currently hooked up to any systems or features. This is something we plan to explore in the future, but we’re not quite ready to share our exact plans and timeline surrounding the feature!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; stay tuned for more information in the future!

1 Like