Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition at E3

Only 20 dollars for new players and 15 dollars for those who own AOE 2 HD? ā– ā– ā– ā– , those guys are generous :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ask for Bulgars. I ask for Tatars

What do we get? Both! :smiley:

2 Likes
  • The Last Khans campaign: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition includes brand-new content, ā€œThe Last Khansā€ with three new campaigns and four new civilizations.

This this this!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, but this is just a theory. The fact is - ā€œThe origin of the early Bulgars is still unclear.ā€

Also, primary three ethnic ancestors of modern Bulgarians - Bulgars, Thracians and Slavs.
To add up " Although many scholars, including linguists, had posited that the Bulgars were derived from a [Turkic]tribe of [Central Asia] (perhaps with Iranian elements), modern genetic research points to an affiliation with western Eurasian and European populations."

Steam and voobly. As long as the game is optimised. Right now on steam, there are 6,662 people playing with a peak of 16,054. I donā€™t think any platform can beat steam in terms of users playing AoE2. While I love most the game-play of age of empires 2 HD in Voobly. Just not as much people as on steam.

Hi there! Iā€™m glad to stay here and I canā€™t wait to take a look to the new AoE, Iā€™m playing since I was a child. Great times Iā€™ve pass hehe.

So, let me introduce one question. I always want to play AoEII with an alternative civ: the crown of Aragon. I think it would be very diferent than the spanish (who Iā€™d like to rename it to Crown of Castile, I think itā€™s more accurate with their traits) and a good civ to add in the game.

Well, the Crown of Aragon has a lot of importance in the Mediterranean sea at centuries XI-XV, with a powerful navy (with a special and unique type of galley, the Catalan Galley), the massive use of mercenaries for their campaigns (most of all the mighty Almogavares), the early introduce of the first proto-constitution and some of the firsts International treaties.

As a naval and merchant civ, Iā€™d give a commercial bonus as a trait, the introduction of the Catalan Galley (a close combat ship reemplacing the fire ship), fast movement, good to the fire ships and buildings (the galley would have a short range attack) but weak to war galleys and also have poor armor and HP. Also that, I would put the Almogavar to special unit, a mix with the guerrilla and the woad raider: a fast ranged infantry with the same range than the guerrilla and good to infantry but weak to range, and a trait that deletes the minimal range to guerrilla and almogavar and lets to the guerrilla the same speed than the spec unit.

I very believe that the Iberian Peninsula in the medieval age was a completely mix of cultures and civilizations. In the AoEII HD we have the spanish (althought itā€™s the unification of the Crowns succeed in the XV century), the Portuguese and the Berbers, but I think it will be great if the new game came with a brand new Iberian Civ that can represent the mediterranean Iberia, close to Franks, the Moors and the Castillians too. Itā€™s true that all the iberian civs used almogavares in their combats, althought the aragonese gain more notoriety with the campaign in Bizantium of the Oriental Catalan Company (ā€œCompanyia Catalana dā€™Orientā€), that retakes many Byzantine enclaves from the Turks and take a great massacre at the same rate with turks and bizantines during the Catalan Vengeance (ā€œla VenjanƧa Catalanaā€), when the son of the Emperor betray the aragonese and murder their leader, Roger de FlĆ©ur. (I think that story would be a very great campaign for the game too).

If you like my proposal Iā€™ll be proud to bring all the help you need if you request it.
Thank you for your time, and sorry about my english.

5 Likes

A warm welcome here. I do like your proposal but - except for the 4 new civs (Lithuanians, Bulgarians, Cumans and Tatars) included with new The Last Khans content - I donā€™t think they will add more.

Your English is fine btw.

4 Likes

Thank you, pal. You know thatā€™s always Iā€™d like to see in this game. I absolutely understand that there are lots of content of the Middle Age and itā€™s impossible to show them all. Althought, I wanted to put my idea here in hope of some game developer may see it, and maybe they like my proposal and will think about it in a hypothetic DLC.

Well, thank you for all and see you in the Forums, hehe, I wish I will not be a Stone :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome dude. You do write English wellā€¦(if there is nothing going in the forum, please do give me the lesson heheheh. I normally use Google Translate since I am not a native english speaker)

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cannot start the game crashes to desktop

Yes you are correct. My suspicion is that the very first Bulgars to enter Europe were Turkic or Iranian but as they moved into Europe they absorbed more and more Thracian and Slavic genes due to intermarriage. I mean their numbers were very small compared to the local populations. It would be impossible to have a large imprint on the local populations they conquered and ruled. In modern Bulgaria only about 1% of the population has Central Asian genes (see MyHeritage). Personally, I see the new civ to be closer to the Orthodox Bulgarians rather than the Bulgars (hence their name ā€˜Bulgariansā€™) but I am sure the campaign will involve the whole process from first entering Europe to forming the Bulgarian empire.

1 Like

well, as mentioned, itā€™s a complicated subjectā€¦ and for some reason, the history of Bulgarians/Bulgars is kept secret and suppressed. I can give you a recommendation to this website - https://blazingbulgaria.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/origins_of_bulgaria/
It tries to stress out what are the facts and what are the theories, because these two have been mixed almost entirely. And those 3 questions I find really interesting, you can find them on the given link + others:

• How did Asparukh envision establishing a state in Moesia, which had for centuries been a well-defended part of the powerful Byzantine empire if he had at most 20 000 at his disposal?
  • How is it possible for a refugee band of 20 000 (which could send forth 6000 warriors at most) to present such a threat to the Byzantine emperor that he would march against them himself, abandoning Constantinople to the real danger of Arabs, Persians, Franks and Seljuks, at the head of 50 000 men?
  • Why did Constantine IV include his (extremely expensive and vulnerable to storms) royal fleet in the campaign against the Bulgars if they were only 20 000 people? The Byzantine fleet was typically only used when the heart of the empire was in grave danger. It has only been deployed against Bulgaria four times: against Asparukh, against his son Tervel in 705, in the time of Constantine V in 776 and against Simeon of Bulgaria (during the Golden Age of the Bulgarian Empire) in 917.
    Anyways, Iā€™m just really interested in finding the truth, but itā€™s not easy. Have a great weekend!
    P.S. Hope I get a beta invite soon, none so far ;-((((
2 Likes