Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Getting Return of Rome DLC

BTW, Hera also said 43 civs recently.

Is this also a mistake?

1 Like

Doubtful. They must know something we don’t.

Perhaps we should ask questions in Latin. See if he stumbles.

Incipit sermo Hera quid scis?..xd

But don’t we also “know”?

Assuming there will be a Western Roman civilisation for AoE2DE.
Then how will the DLC work?

Will it be it’s own DLC for 5€ instead of 10€?
Will it always be bundled with the AoE1DE remake?

How much will the main DLC cost?
Is there going to be a discount for AoE1DE owners or will it even be free? Or will AoE1DE owners get the AoE1DE remake without West Rome for AoE2DE?

Is owning AoE2DE required to play the AoE1DE content?

Many questions.

1 Like

Most likely it will be like the India dlc, the Western Romans will come in the dlc, they maybe will be playable in AoE 2 multiplayer, but not in the Alaric and Attila campaigns (which still doesn’t matter since they are enemies in both campaigns); then apart you will have the Roman Empire and all the content of AoE 1 in another launcher, but you will need to buy the dlc, which will come with a discount for those who already have AoE 1 DE…

1 Like

yes i found this out only yesterday haha

Reminds me of this song

I already said this previously:

They werent, if I say my house is from this day forth independent, that means jackshit, if my government the proceeds to regocnize it, only then it is meaningful.

A lot more then Spain and HRE didnt recognize the Netherlands. Treaty of Westphalia is when they officially became independent. Otherwise you can also not define its official borders, in 1581 they barely controlled anything. They were merely rebels.

If you stop paying taxes to your former overlord, it means a lot.

1 Like

So if I dont give my government taxes I am now independent? Thats not how it works.

Where the White Russians a different country from the Red Russians? Most would say no. A seperatist movement becomes independent when they get regocnized officially. You have countless of examples where seperatist movements have failed and we never speak of independent countries then as far as I am aware.

Spain is an iberian country not a low countries country. King Felipe only set foot on the netherlands once, cared little about the culture of the netherlands and worse created an inquisition that by his own admission was worse than the spanish inquisition. The netherlands was little more than a piggy bank for the habsburgs.

If your government has no means to force you to pay your taxes or obey its law, nor punish you for this, and you’re not in an open war, you may as well be an independant country.

4 Likes

Charles V, was the child of Philip I who was the Duke of Burgundy, Charles himself was born in modern day Belgium and was more Burgundian then Spanish, you could argue that Spain was inherited by the Burgundians. True that Philips II wasnt born there, but you say

Which is just false. And besides even if it was a piggy bank for Philips II, its distance to Spain means jackshit. Wasnt every province in the middle ages and during most of the ancien regime a piggy bank for every monarch?

Pretty sure that most agree that the inquisition wasnt nearly as bad as people make it to be.

All campaigns are updated when new civilizations are added, even if you don’t own the DLC.

Even if you don’t have LotW, you’ll fight against the Burgundians in the first mission of the Barbarossa campaign, for example.

3 Likes

I’d rather you two save the political debate for DMs and keep this thread focused on the topic at hand.

12 Likes

I wonder if the Celts will be in AOE & AOE2 and Picts will come in AOE2

There should be some form of western european, which were conspicuously absent from AOE1

Thats because there wasnt any western european faction that was quite necessary, as none of them had empires. Although they still adfed Palmyrans for some reason.

I would kinda hope thatif we get more AoE1 civs they add some steppe nomad and indian civs, and after that yeah a Celtic and maybe an Iberian civ would be nice

1 Like

I dont understand what your point is by quoting the wiki page of the Dutch revolt, I am from the Netherlands and study history. I know about it

It even supports my claims of it being rebels and them being unable to win in the initial stage of the conflict?