📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 36906

Mi game UI seems crashed, i have the menu and the interface like broken. Anyone with the same problem? Had it perfect before the patch.

They are working on the problem

I have the same interface issues.

EDIT: Found the problem it was the “IMPROVED TECH TREE UI MOD”
Disable this one restart and problem should be solved

1 Like

me too
all ui crashed

Great changes, thank you for the work! Here some feedback, maybe for the next patch to consider:

Teutons might be overbuffed now, coukd you please keep an eye out here. They were nowhere as bad as the pros make them out to be. They are fine for the average player, only fall of at the top 1% pros. Winrate statistics above 50% (pre this buff) seem to support my claim. If this turn out true then maybe revert the recent farm discount buff.

If Indians are weaker now, please consider granting them non elite battle elefants, by popular demand.

I had hoped, that the portugueses winrate of 37% would have been adressed further than an organ gun redemption bug fix". Is the organ gun firing like a chu ku nu fixed? There was no word about in the patch (even thought in that gif about the daily challange the organ gun seems to fire all bullets at once again)

There are many threads about portuguese possible buffs, here are some options to consider:
-new bonus uni techs 30% cheaper,
-caravel buff +5% movespeed, traintime reduction, gold cost +5, wood cost -10.
-organ gun extra bullets should not do half damage when hitting an unintended target, frame dealy reduction for elite organ gun 6->5
-UT Aquebus effect isnt really noticable on cannon galleons and BBT’s. A very minor further increased porjectile speed should fix it.

Please consider developing independet achitecture and uni skins for different regional civs and offer it as options to enable. I would be willing to pay for these as a mini dlc.

Looking forwards to the next patch.

2 Likes

Great patch as usual as a whole!

I’m not sure though the Lithuanians needed such a massive buff, considering they already enjoyed a relatively comfortable positive winrate for all levels of players, except for the very best (cf. https://aoestats.io/civ/Lithuanians/RM_1v1 and https://www.aoe-tc.com/)…
A Lithuanian imperial skirmisher now has more pierce armor than a Huskarl! The Leitis can slaughter Teutonic armies and is so cheap in gold!! One shouldn’t forget the relic bonus as well, so if there is a team with, say, the Burmese, the Leitis definitely feels OP to me. I do like the relic bonus, my problem is more the Leitis’s gold cost.

Speaking of Teutons, I love them and they have been my favorite civ. for 20 years, since AoK until DE (now it’s the Bulgarians). Therefore I of course still have a very soft spot for them and wish them all the best. Only the stable buff just seems too-much.
It just doesn’t feel right for me that the Teutons, marked as an infantry civilization, now have a stronger paladin then the Cumans, marked as a cavalry civilization!

Speaking of Cumans, considering they are now arguably the weakest civ. in the game (as they don’t even have an excellent navy as the other civs. at the bottom, see https://aoestats.io/ and https://www.aoe-tc.com/), I maintain they should get bracer (see for the whole The Cuman Kipchak - An Analysis). As I think the main problem is the too-weak kipchak, the second proposition of Walkop, in effect bracer, but reserved to the kipchak himself (+1 damage to the standard kipchak & +1 range to the elite kipchak, see The Cuman Kipchak - An Analysis), seems to me a good alternative idea.
I would support a gold cost in the elite kipchak upgrade as well as an increase in the gold cost per unit.

5 Likes

I didn’t try it yet, but I don’t like the balance changes. Leitis are going to be broken. Bulgarians were actually nerfed and vikings buffed. Loom for goths seems an uninspired bonus and Teutons Paladins seems unnecessary. Why take out khmers cannons, instead of nerfing their eco a little more?

I like what you did to Teutons (except for the paladins) and what you did with boyars. But please, don’t give that much importance to this forum. Experienced players are somewhere else. And please, do some justice to portuguese, koreans and burmese.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I just played a ranked game and an error occurred. He took us all out of the game and he gave me up for lost. Not only that, before this we won a game that he didn’t tell me either.

someone didn’t do unit tests, and release it to production!!! ¬¬’

Can’t connect either

Thanks man !! You saved me here

Ayyy, my bigger Mangonel rocks mod finally made it into the game as an official mod. @GMEvangelos you guys should really work on making all projectiles more visible, the spring flower arrows are really popular due to them being way more visible than the regular arrows.

Especially downwards arrowfire from castles and towers can be very hard to see.

Hello everyone, after the update I found several problems with the game interface.
Specifically, all the drop-down menus have the same bug everywhere (attached image)

Do you have tech tree ui mod?
disable mod if u have it
that fixed the problem for me

1 Like

It worked… Thank you!!!

1 Like

For me none of the above worked,
I tried:
-switching off the firewall
-switching off the repeater
-going to direct cable connection instead of wifi
-checked the internet connection, every time good ping, 50mbit downstream
-changed resolution to low
-deleted the game from disk and reinstalled
-disabled all mods
-opened all ports i was able to find for aoe2 DE
-tried several VPNs
-tried my phone as a hotspot, again checked connection which was perfect
-tried other games via steam, no problems there

i sometimes make my way to a game but crash latest after 5 minutes.
sometimes no name of the gamelobby is shown, i can still join the lobby , sometimes i won’t see any players name but i can stay in game until minute 5. it started roughly 2 days ago.

Somewhere around 18 secs into the game, it freezes, hotkeys not working, also alt+enter causes resolution to change which doesnt switch back when turned full screen!

The new update has introduced a bug, I now see all units/buildings/technologies in the build menu for any age irrespective of what age am in. In the attached picture I am in the Dark Age but am able to see every building in the build menu. I have no mods installed except the official enhanced graphics pack.

It’s not a bug it’s one of the new features, and you can disable that in the options if you don’t like it.

3 Likes