📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 41855

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 41855

As we move into the final stretch of the year, we’re continuing our monthly release schedule with another small changelist for the game. Today’s build focuses on some key Villager improvements identified by the community, AI improvements for hardcore players, and some audio fixes that benefit the modding community. As has also become the standard, it also comes with a new event: this time celebrating the recent launch of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition with some exclusive crossover content for you to enjoy.

Learn More…

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Update 41855

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Could someone explain to me why is it that an unlockable for AOE2DE needs you to buy another game in order to unlock it? This is strange.

1 Like

since the first definitive edition came out on steam a special event was made for him and you needed to buy it to be able to unlock an achievement, it’s not something new and I honestly love it, the event is dedicated to AOE3DE, it’s an excellent marketing strategy.
Stop complaining dude, it’s just a profile icon, and basically it’s to thank those of us who have the 3 definitive editions, you can unlock the rest of the achievements, so …

1 Like

I think you need to read the text on the image. It’s a unit re-skin which is not common. Not a profile icon. Suggest you check before you post.

In fact I just noticed it, and my opinion is exactly the same, it is even more radical because nobody can see that besides you, so it does not even affect the multiplayer mode, stop complaining for god, they have not released any content paid for the game, all profile images and achievements have been free, they are thanking us to who bought the game, they are not even asking you to pay for the re-skin, they are only thanking you for buying one of their games with a unique achievement and they can do it, so I repeat, stop complaining

For those who won’t buy AoEIII, I’ve uploaded the mod to community: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/18751/

Thank me later.

So, I just completed Imperial Age achievement in AOE3 DE & it didn’t unlock! :frowning:

Bummer. I was waiting for the big October update that was announced in August.

This was stated in the augustus update. So september would small, but this update would be a large update. This changes feels like really lackluster. I was expecting something big. But what do we get? Almost nothing.

I dont like events at all. Now it also force you to buy AOE III. We get some minor bug fixes. And that seems to be all. Feels like no big improvements. No balance change. No tweaks on maps. Even the part of ongoing investigations is missing in the post.

All in all this patch is a big disappointment for me.

4 Likes

Villager path-finding bug came back :(, stuck on berries, on wood when they try to walk in “corners”