Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition – Update 13.27885

• Added a new Revolutionary France option to the Town Center. A powerful villager revolution that can be enhanced with additional upgrade and unit cards!

Vive la révolution

10 Likes

Im half dead (thanks nurgle) but i like the changes to Ports. Need to read it with a clear head.

6 Likes

LMAO, they got so confused by people getting mad at Ottomans on AoE 4 that they decided to fix it on AoE 3. They’re a little confused but at least they got that right attitude :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m overwhelmed by how huge this update is. Just incredible work from the devs. Wow. I figured this was gonna be a big update but not this big.

And another big update for the spring? sign me up. Now maybe instead of monthly smaller updates, we’ll get a big one. I think this lends itself better to the game.

12 Likes

Par contre je vois que par exemple les USA ont été bien nerf.

Offshore support removed from British and Italians and added to Germans look an odd change to me.
Also with the naval gunner added to more civs, British do not have much naval bonus (and it should) besides one free battleship.

Maybe the devs think the big eco bonus is basically a bonus on everything?

1 Like

Hopefully with the skin packs added, past event awards like profile icons qnd maybe the other explorer unlocks (if they won’t be included in a future pack) shouldn’t be ruled out and left behind without a past award event like AoE2DE had last year.

1 Like

It’s frustrating that they renamed and reskinned Dutch settlers because they cost coin, but they can’t even use an existing skin for those cows.

1 Like

Excusez moi si je me trompe, mais les colons Hollandais auront bien une génération de pièces auto si j’ai bien compris, c’est cela ?

1 Like

DAMN THID UPDATE IS FIRE!!!

7 Likes

They secretly added a new Vulture profile icon, please add an Owl profile icon too.

1 Like

We can finally rename decks! I hope rearranging them comes eventually too.

It’s great to see a lot of the new mechanics and units given to the older civs. They should definitely keep this going with things like giving Mantlets the deflection ability.

I like the change to Pikeman range. This should make the unit a lot better.

Hopefully the new Oromo isn’t complete garbage now.

The new Landwehr seem interesting, but I would rather they be a unique unit for a new Prussian civ. Same with the Mysorean rockets/rocketeers for India.

13 Likes

Wow, holly molly!

I didn’t expect such a large patch! I see some fan suggestions, some old NE features, paid cosmetic skin to support the devs, new units… is crazy

Now I went from doomer to optimist. That long time until spring maybe means a real DLC, or not so many patches but bigger ones.

Very good job devs.

9 Likes

A lot of stuff for the French, Germans and Ottomans. I’d say their update box has been ticked?

Dutch, Portugese, Japanese and Russians feel a bit lackluster to me, I’d like to see those get another go at some point.

I’m not sure about the Indians since I never play them.
EDIT: they do get fencing and riding school now! Unlisted change so intended?

Newer civs and ones that got an upgrade before got less obviously. Though Swedes got quite a lot!

4 Likes

Chinese don’t even have new cards

1 Like

They were ones of the first to get reworked.

4 Likes

11/10 update, nice work!!!

16 Likes
  • Oromo Warrior: This unit has been reworked into a heavy hand cavalry unit with a charged musket attack:

The musket attack is nearly useless and meaningless, could be more nice by removing all multipliers and add a ×3.0 vs. Artillery and Siege

I’d like to see a brand new skins for Explorer from new Skins Pack DLC.

2 Likes

Spain dead. RIP
Update too big, too much unnecessary BS.
Unnecessary buffs and nerfs everywhere, if the devs were intent on creating a whole new game they shouldn’t have called it “AOE3: DE”.
There’s officially no resemblance to the original game.

RIP AOE3
born 2005, died 2022

1 Like