📜 Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 3552

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 3552

Hello explorers, and welcome to Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition —the first update! We’re excited to see the enthusiasm of players who are returning to or trying the latest addition to the franchise for the first time, and look forward to exploring the long road ahead for both Age III and the RTS community. This is only the first of many, many updates to come, and we appreciate everyone who has taken the time to visit the forums, communicate with the team and other players, and help others as we work through the initial waves following the live release of the game! Thank you!

Learn More…

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires III: DE — Update 3552

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

9 Likes

Thanks for the updates!

can u guys finally do something about the perma crashes ? i seriously want to start and finish a game…

i decided to try a game after the patch and here how it ends

1 Like

Can you put a higher resolution imagE?

I would recommend reaching out to the support team so they can collect more information. Crashes and stability are absolutely a priority, but require more details to understand what’s causing them!

we already know what is causing them :smiley: its the building destruction

I have a theory I might be wrong though, Every time I’ve gotten my game crashed after build is destroyed my Vsync is ON, And all the other times I have Vsync OFF my game doesn’t crash but all other things get buddy. Sound/Game

Thank all of you devs for the updates.

Firstly I would like to say that AOEIII DE was working perfectly on Linux under Proton and also with double the performance I was getting on Windows, weird right? But that is not the problem, the problem is that with your last patch I have an unplayable game.

Let me explain, whenever I hit the play button on steam the game is likely to work but it has crashed sometimes. Whenever I am in the main menu of the game and I press the continue button to go to the campaign the game closes with no message whatsoever. The same thing happens on the skirmish screen, I hit the play button and the game closes.

I want to help, how can I collect logs or debug information to share with you guys?

I think this update broke the ladder. Its not registering games being played. Its being talked about on eso-community: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=495954#p495954

Please give us bigger maps, and a higher population limit. The maps are way too small.
Also, a higher population limit shouldn’t be an issue on modern laptops. Especially in 1v1 and 2v2. Currently you are allowing 4v4, which is the equivalent of 1600 units (or more, depending on the civs). Hence, when playing 1v1 it shouldn’t be an issue to allow 800 units for each side (or 400 when plying 2v2).

1 Like

Totally agree with this. AOE II DE hasn’t the population limit that was imposed in an early version of the game even with the graphics revamp. So this version of AOE III shouldn’t have the same limitations. Starcraft II doesn’t have a population limit and it works perfectly.