Age of Empires IV - Official Launch Trailer

Knowledge that takes up precious brain storage but which is otherwise useless.

Never thought the “wololo” had some sort of meaning. Appreciate the background.

2 Likes

Charles Dance should’ve been the narrator for the entire game.

Damn, I wish I could play a game that actually looks like this… and be massive like this…

Why it’s so hard for devs to catch this and develop a game like that? I love that minimalist touch. Also, don’t come at me with total war series.

5 Likes

A lot of people care because this game was advertised to be historical accurate and even featured several mini-documentary on medieval history and weaponry, while on the other hand has an advertisement of a female leader in the Islamic civilization handing out orders; something which was highly unusual for the time period. So which one is it? Is Age of Empire IV a historical game, or a fantasy game interwoven in our historical time period?

I really don’t understand why you’re attacking people who questioned the logic behind this. This is essentially going to a fancy restaurant and ordering lobsters and instead being served salmons, while trying to justify that they’re both foods so who would really cares.

Women do stuff in that certain time period, but going to war and fighting in battle was another thing that was predominately exclusive to men. If you think otherwise, feel free to ask your sister, mother, or niece to challenge a male opponent in a no-holds barred boxing tournament.

I’m pretty well versed on who Razai Sultana is, but she was an administrator not a military general. But the only valid answer that I’ll accept is that the female character was suppose to represent human players or Razai Sultana (Only because she was the only female Muslim leader of Delhi).

2 Likes

Looks like something you can achieve with unreal engine.

The whole table-top figure style reminds me of this game:

It’s this one. Always has been.

1 Like

The woman was meant to represent the player, which is why she gave bizarre game-like commands to her bemused staff. This is also why the quality of the acting is unimportant. It wasn’t trying to be immersive, rather it was trying to reflect what the game experience is: One foot in reality (the player sitting at his computer in a house with electricity) and one foot in a virtual Medieval era.

It could’ve been a 10 year old wearing the armor and being the general and it wouldn’t have bothered me because historical accuracy and immersiveness in the trailer isn’t what they were going for.

5 Likes

What I don’t understand is why people want this game on their xbox. I mean wouldn’t it be an auto forfeit if you use a controller over mouse & keyboard.

Xbox should support mouse and keyboard.

1 Like

Agreed, its a computer so why not.

1 Like

that will be AOE V, with a better base and more polished effort.

1 Like

No here’s how realistically it would have happened:

• “The Mongols are here!”

• Send in the Nest of Bees

Triumphant music.

Hi :wave:
Woman here :scream:

Huge Age of Empires fan and general lurker here.

1. Women fought in wars all the time in history, often disguised as men. Also history tends to forget what we do and records being destroyed as it didn’t fit peoples ideals.

2. I often box with guys, it’s not “no-hold barred” because no respecting boxing gym would do that.

3. It’s great to finally have women in the game that isn’t berry pickers.

4. You don’t have to play as a woman

5. Age of Empires let’s you spawn in cars that fire laser beams, strangely this did not happen back in the day.

8 Likes

Is it me or is the trailer cringe AF ?

4 Likes

How dare they not conform to the ideals of your cult? I mean the nerve!!

1 Like

Siege of Acre , 3rd Crusade, Crusaders + Mongols fought against the Sultanates form Arabia to retain the costal gateways into the levant… no cringy wamen actors were pressent there though.

Exactly.

3 Likes

That would have been really cool

That is, like the trailer, a sign of its time : P

Hehe that is a sharp remark :slight_smile:
Making a historically incorrect and cringy trailer and then censoring comments pointing out that it is historically incorrect and cringy.

Perhaps these comments need to be censored as well, because you can’t just have people expressing their views on a forum that is about people expressing their views.

I created a poll about the censorship that took place in this topic. I am curious to know what forum users honestly think about this censorship:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/comments-that-are-critical-towards-the-launch-trailer-are-being-censored-what-do-forum-users-think-about-this-poll/177090/

3 Likes

I am little curious, how was it made? Did they actually use some statues or is just animation? wish the real gameplay looked as stunning.

I wish some studio gets an idea or inspiration from this and makes an epic game we all wish for

@KittyWolf214 Big agree. I couldn’t have said it better myself. This is after all, Make history your story.

2 Likes

Equating “women being in a game trailer” to “being in a cult” is such an embarrassing take on this topic that I won’t even bother trying to refute it.

Did you actually think this was a good one-liner?

5 Likes