Age of Empires IV - Official Launch Trailer

Edit: come on folks, I know it’s a bit silly with those actors, but I think they are supposed to represent the players, meaning us, so let’s not be mean towards a woman being the general in the trailer. I think it’s a cute trailer nevertheless.

9 Likes

Don’t you wish these were the actual graphics? :stuck_out_tongue:

26 Likes

Yes, i was imaging these models when this game have been announced.
And the funny thing Is those models are made with with Essence Engine. So, can we understand what we have missed?

12 Likes

Not surprised to not see in-game graphics, though.

6 Likes

No, I wish someone makes some cool Wallpapers with Wallpaper Engine out of them.

1 Like

5 Likes

Look at camels and elephants. Look incredibile. Why Relic, why?

7 Likes

Pretty cool trailer though ngl

3 Likes

I hate to say it but it’s quite common for cinematics for games to look much better than the game itself, just look at the cinematics for every WoW expansion, however the game looks nothing like those cinematics.

How is this any different here?

2 Likes

Good idea, I’d like that.
Maybe someone can at least run the trailer in 4K and upload some nice screenshots from it. I could only do 1080p.

We know, but that can’t stop us from daydreaming :slight_smile:

Ha, that’s pretty cool. Didn’t catch that!

This is a Next generation graphic.

4 Likes

Yeah, I never understood the whole fetish people have for female commander in games or movies. Feels like they’re just adding that in to appeal to certain demographics or because "woman looks more attractive when they’re in charge of the army".

This is honestly how I’m assuming things will go down in real life:

That damn trailer has better graphics than the actual game itself. I understand it’s a rendered 3D graphics, but nevertheless I wonder why they didn’t go with that art style instead.

11 Likes

The difference Is that those models are made with Essence Engine but devolepers don’t add them into the game.

1 Like

Good graphic trailler!!!

I wish it was in game.

They took time to be sure not having siege enginear, so it is clear that aoe4 will never have them.

They clearely set units has pion on a board game. (It clearely mean that homing arrow and units rigidity are there to stay, whit the weapons animation always missing enemy.)

Wy just not set units has pion at this point, wy give them ugly animation?

I do not know wy.

Not gonna lie, that was pretty kek

1 Like

Be…because… Readability!

5 Likes

Why yes, I do wish I would’ve been unable to run the game above 15 FPS until I had a computer from the 2040’s, how did you guess?

4 Likes

They most likely developed the cinematic trailer and the in-game graphics separately and I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s a whole other team mainly focusing on just that, creating cool cinematic trailers for the game that isn’t even a part of the game development.

The choices that they picked for the in-game graphics is more of a design choice as they believe to be what’s “best” for their game and the cinematic trailer, well it’s made only to “sell” more copies and market their upcoming game so you really can’t compare them two even if I understand where you coming from regarding the graphics.

Let’s hope that the game-play will be good enough for you to play it, otherwise I respect your opinion and hope that AoE5 is more what you looking for :slight_smile: Myself I hope for ancient timeline for AoE5.

3 Likes