"Age of Empires" Needs THE EMPIRE: Awe-Inspiring Architecture Transformation & Civ Concept for the Turks/ Ottoman Empire (with BEASTLY Mega Bombards) - NEW! Updated Nov 19th

Didn’t we have really cool Mali buildings /wonder like these above in AoE2 African Kingdoms? Feeling a bit nostalgia now, it’s a pity AoE2 civs are all copy-and-paste…

Would you say the AoE2 Mali architecture would be just what you have in mind for an eventual AoE4 Mali civ?

2 Likes

I think AoE II’s African Kingdoms architecture would be a good model for Malian architecture in AoE IV, yes.

2 Likes

Absolutely yes. Perhaps my all-time favorite AoE architecture set so far :mali: :mauritania:

Mali-Riders
Mali 2

I found these @TyrannoNinja , pretty awesome. Mali Knights (Farimba), traditional Mali mosques, and a cool illustration of Mansa Musa, history’s wealthiest man, the “Elon Musk of Sahara”.

1 Like

A Landmark Idea for a REAL AoE4-Time EMPIRE

The Ottoman Empire’s TOPHANE (Tophane-i Amire, or “BOMBARD YARD” in Istanbul from 1489).

Real-history world’s largest cannon foundry and ONLY one specialized in manufacturing the Ottoman Empire’s uniquely iconic Great Bombards, for producing these monster-sized Mega Bombards in Age 4 for the AoE 4 Ottoman Empire DLC civ.

I feel it’s unbelievably cool, one-and-only place with a powerful vibe, sounds of huge bombards thundering, the voice of a true Empire echoing in the air. Sui generis architecture… it can still be visited in ISTANBUL today.

A living AoE4-worthy landmark with an imperial vibe. I’ve visited it myself.

1 Like

Yes. All civs welcome here, but if you aren’t talking about how Turks should be added, I’ll report it as off topic. Only the “Great Empire” has the right to spam topics, no-one and nothing else does. :joy: Just stop already. Please.

1 Like

I don’t know what bothers you so much? There are FOUR Viking threads in the last 150 updated. All topics related to Turks have been DELETED already.

This one is about Architecture integrated into civs, you can find amazing MALI, Inca architecture here.
:arrow_up:

Welcome to contribute some Inca, Byzantine, Mali, Persia, Japan architecture especially, as I have a particular interest and they’re prime candidates for AoE4 DLC civs; or any other civ you like.

This Topic is the home of free speech. Live and let live, chill
:peace_symbol:

Actually the other Turk thread is still around, it was just locked permanently due to arguing and the topic being derailed nonstop. I don’t think this thread should be closed for being “off topic”, the problem with the Turk threads is that it kept spawning nonstop infighting. I think as long as you keep the Turk subject on this thread, and keep the arguing to a minimum, you should be golden. I know how annoying it can be when it feels like people just post just to argue, but sometimes the best option is just to smile and wave.

The other guy’s big Topic with 310 replies, 5000 views? Locked and unlisted already. It did have minor infighting like many diverse Topics, but it also generated the very precious Civ Concept, overflowing with AMAZING ideas from many people.

So very true bro. If you like architecture you can contribute some here too. :+1:

1 Like

Personally I am a castle fanatic. I love Hamburg and Leeds, as well as Marienburg. One thing people don’t know though is that most castles where wooden, and a majority of them didn’t survive the test of time due to this fact.

3 Likes

What bothers me so much is partly the way you tend to come across as quite arrogant and superior. Then Turks themselves I don’t find hugely interesting or cool as a civ. Then also you have made so many topics, it’s pretty clear that you want Turks by now. Just wait for them to come out, the devs will probably add them eventually, these topics though tend to be more likely to turn people against Turks as a civ because they tend to be very annoying. Also, you often talk about how “Cool” and “Awesome” etc. the Mega-Bombards are. Here is how I view stuff like that, certainly by appearance:

These are just some examples, not even trying to put other modern weapons in there, because they absolutely wipe the floor with pretty much everything the Turks had at this time, and make it look pretty bad.

1 Like

I’m really sorry you feel like that man. That’s not my intention. I’m a fan of architecture and history in general, and many Civs have awesome architecture. You’re always welcome to contribute some here, especially Inca, Mali, Persia, Byzantine or Japan. Turks I already have.
I’m glad you like tanks, they’re cool I agree. But maybe tanks don’t belong in AoE4?
Thanks for the exchange man, welcome back anytime!

Most assuredly. The thing is though, I tend to compare modern weaponry with early gunpowder, and that is a very one sided result. It’s part of the reason I don’t play AoE3. You don’t have the “cool” older weapon style, and you haven’t yet reached the potential for devastation that modern weapons have. Also, I’m a lot better at AoE2, and don’t want to move at all. The thing is, I would accept Turks, but you have this one type of comment that really makes me compare mega bombards to modern killing machines. It’s when you say stuff like “The Absolutely coolest thing ever anywhere on Planet Earth!” By saying this, I become a lot more likely to start drawing the comparisons, and it tends to make the Ottoman cannons and other weapons look pretty bad. I also think they look kind of ugly anyway, but oh well. Now, if you were to say something like “The most devastating siege weapons every created in the late middle ages/era of early gunpowder!” I would definitely accept that. Sad, but true. Trebs might be cooler in a lot of ways, but I can’t argue with the relative destructive levels of Trebs vs cannons, particularly the Great Bombards, at least for laying siege to something. It’s just when you say that they are cooler than everything else that I start to have problems with your argument. Other than that, I personally don’t think that they should of scrapped/replaced any of the civs in the base game, but instead maybe gone up to 12 for the launch like AoE2, and for sure, Turks could be included. I guess you will just have to wait for a DLC or civ addition.

1 Like

Medieval mega bombards that were finally able to smash 2,000-year-old fortifications are fascinating by itself. Hopefully AoE4 will have Ottoman Great Bombards soon. Slight differences in wording are trivial, no need fuss.

But to compare it to a modern tank, is empty, fruitless talk. It’s a bit crazy dude. Though the original Great Bombards were actually used to sink “Allied” ships in the Dardanelles campaign of World War I (!!)… Interesting huh

Yeah, bombards got nothing on Shermans! Wow, this game really needs to add a 1940s America faction. All these other nations are so insignificant! They don’t even have MGs!

1 Like

Shermans got nothing on blue car with white stripes… :joy: (I think it was “Cobra Car”)

Im more of a Russian fangirl when it comes to tanks. Slap the letter T and a number after it and I will probably love it lol!

2 Likes

A timeless green-stone Landmark with a soul: the Mausoleum of RUMI, the eternal “Poet of Love” of humankind

• *Even today, in 2021, Rumi (Mevlana in Turkish) is still the most popular poet in places as far away as the USA, Kazakhstan, South Africa, and Australia

The Mausoleum of Rumi is our Ottoman Empire DLC civ age 3 Landmark suggestion; Location: KONYA, Turkiye :tr: It’s visited by millions of tourists, as it’s the authentic home of the whirling DERVISHES, with daily performances; In our AoE4 DLC suggestion, this landmark can train SUFI IMAM, a more powerful version of the Imam with TRANSCENDENCE (temporary invulnerability) & better, relic-less conversion skills, adding a transformative new tactical dimension to Age of Empires.

1 Like

Ya gotta give him credit, he doesn’t give up

1 Like

Honestly no, it’s still as annoying as it was before. :smile:

1 Like

I think Japan, Aztec, inca and Spain threads are annoying :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like