Age of Empires trivia game

I was thinking of playing an AOE/AOM knowledge test game while waiting for AOE4.

Rules are simple, answer previous question correctly and you get to post the next AOE/AOM related trivia question which others have to answer. Let’s start:

You are playing AOE2 and your barracks is built right next to an enemy house. How can you slowly destroy that house over time without actually using any kind of units whatsoever?

Hmm, that seems to be very sophisticated and demanding of in-game easter eggs and bugs knowledge… But definitely worth a shot! Unfortunately, to that question I don’t know the answer.

However, I can recommend the Age of Empires franchise trivia game on QuizUp – I’ve spent a lot of time challenging myself and other community friends! Be sure to check it out

2 way to solve this; one either lure attacking deer herd, but I have heard they only attack an outpost. So you need to make outpost as close to that enemy as possible. OR second, just set a rally point on to the house. Any building that can train a unit does a 1 damage to economy type building. It was like that during original AOE 2. I have yet to test this with AOE 2 HD.

You are correct, Mehkind! Every building that can train military units does 1 damage per second to immediate linked enemy buildings (castles do way more damage of course). So you would just need to set the rally point on that building/structure.

This is not a bug, it was a feature put in the game as a response to situations where players would wall your forward barracks/stables/archeries so you wouldnt be able to train units and use them because they would have no place to go out. It’s not very effective as it takes a long time to destroy even surrounding pallisade walls, but it was interesting they tried that.

I agree with you, pecelot, this was maybe a too difficult question to start this game with.

@Mehkind said:
2 way to solve this; one either lure attacking deer herd, but I have heard they only attack an outpost. So you need to make outpost as close to that enemy as possible. OR second, just set a rally point on to the house. Any building that can train a unit does a 1 damage to economy type building. It was like that during original AOE 2. I have yet to test this with AOE 2 HD.

Post your AOE trivia question, Mehkind

YES! Thank you @IamDalv So my fellow AOE fanatics here is my question. Before being reworked in HD edition and later AOE games, what do Archers have an attack bonus against?

@Mehkind said:
YES! Thank you @IamDalv So my fellow AOE fanatics here is my question. Before being reworked in HD edition and later AOE games, what do Archers have an attack bonus against?

Infantry

@doubleXdojo said:

@Mehkind said:

Infantry

Try again. Remember, attack bonus Archers do to others unit in the original aoe.

Without having played in forever I’d guess elephants.

Is that related to AOE1? Hmm, priests?

@Mehkind said:

@doubleXdojo said:

@Mehkind said:

Infantry

Try again. Remember, attack bonus Archers do to others unit in the original aoe.
I’m correct for AoE2 and the AoE1 archers are called bowmen I believe.

@TestableWharf54 said:

@IamDalv said:

@doubleXdojo said:

Correction: Sorry I thought the guy who made this thread restricted to AOE 2 with conquers expansion. So when I said original, I meant the game with the expansion. Sorry about the confusion.

So @TestableWharf54 @IamDalv please try again. However I might add Archers from certain civs do take a long time to get converted, almost 40%, to an enemy unit by a priest, but it is not technically an attack bonus!?!?

And @doubleXdojo I don’t know man. I think, not sure completely, in AOE 1 Archers were called Bowman and certain civ did have an +1 damage to all, but that doesn’t mean that they are effective against a particular unit. In AOE 2 Archers were called Archers, but the question is did they ever get an attack bonus or a buff??? Answer is simple my friend. Try again!!

@Mehkind said:

@TestableWharf54 said:

@IamDalv said:

@doubleXdojo said:

Correction: Sorry I thought the guy who made this thread restricted to AOE 2 with conquers expansion. So when I said original, I meant the game with the expansion. Sorry about the confusion.

So @TestableWharf54 @IamDalv please try again. However I might add Archers from certain civs do take a long time to get converted, almost 40%, to an enemy unit by a priest, but it is not technically an attack bonus!?!?

And @doubleXdojo I don’t know man. I think, not sure completely, in AOE 1 Archers were called Bowman and certain civ did have an +1 damage to all, but that doesn’t mean that they are effective against a particular unit. In AOE 2 Archers were called Archers, but the question is did they ever get an attack bonus or a buff??? Answer is simple my friend. Try again!!

They get an attack bonus when standing on a cliff.

Well they have an attack bonus vs spearmen, but I didnt know they took it out

@doubleXdojo said:
They get an attack bonus when standing on a cliff.

@IamDalv said:
Well they have an attack bonus vs spearmen, but I didnt know they took it out

@doubleXdojo let me complete your answer. Archers don’t get any attack bonus toward any unit. However, Archers provide bonus to watch towers and castles if you garrisoned them. Moreover as @doubleXdojo said, “They get an attack bonus when standing on a cliff” They still don’t get an attack bonus, but they are simply effective in heights because they are long range units. Other units, other than long range, can’t reach them quickly which makes Archers very effective in distance.

Thank you @IamDalv for your responses, better luck next time. So, @doubleXdojo I think you were on track. So please ask away another trivia question.

Sweet! My question might be quite simple and I will not specify which AoE:

What upgrade must you upgrade before you can upgrade ‘chemistry’?

Any regular should get this.

Nice riddle. The first upgrade is the imperial age with any civ, then another upgrade, chemistry, will be unlocked in the university.

@Mehkind said:
Nice riddle. The first upgrade is the imperial age with any civ, then another upgrade, chemistry, will be unlocked in the university.

Nice. Your move.

oh yeea please hit like to this thread (^ button on the top) so everyone can see it. This is for you too @TestableWharf54

So here we go wololoers, in Age 3 most civs have a special trait/card which you hit to turn every single unit ,including the villagers, into a miltia. It is a point of no return, meaning if do “THAT” you can’t age further, build further, or expand further. So what is “THAT” term?

@Mehkind said:
oh yeea please hit like to this thread (^ button on the top) so everyone can see it. This is for you too @TestableWharf54

So here we go wololoers, in Age 3 most civs have a special trait/card which you hit to turn every single unit ,including the villagers, into a miltia. It is a point of no return, meaning if do “THAT” you can’t age further, build further, or expand further. So what is “THAT” term?

REVOLT

@Mehkind said:

Eh isn’t that Revolting from your motherland Age up option? Ah yes, Revolution!