Age of Empires/University of Arizona Online Partnership FAQ Document

How do I receive University of Arizona credit by playing Age of Empires IV?

When the UArizona content becomes live on the Age of Empires website, players can opt into the credit player pathway and follow the directions to receive a college credit. Stay up to date by checking the website www.ageofempires.com frequently or following Age social channels.

When will I be able to start playing Age of Empires IV to receive a college credit from University of Arizona?

The University of Arizona extended content will be available on the Age of Empires website in 1st quarter 2022. Stay up to date by checking the website www.ageofempires.com frequently or by following Age social channels, which will provide more details about the release of the University of Arizona content updates and steps to receive the college credit.

Is there a charge for the credit?

While there is no charge for the college credit, students must access Age of Empires IV, either through purchase or Xbox Game Pass for PC, and complete the requirements in order to receive the college credit.

What if I am in high school or below?

Only students 18 year and older, who are admissible to the University of Arizona are eligible.

What if I am already an Arizona Online student?

You can still earn the college credit by completing the program requirements that will be on the Age of Empire website.

What if I already completed the Age of Empires IV campaign prior to the launch of the UArizona program? Can I still go back and complete the Arizona Online content in the game?

Yes, once the UA content is available, you’ll be able to read and complete any out-of-game materials and other requirements in order to earn the credit.

I am a University of Arizona ground campus student. Can I still earn/use the credit?

Yes, you can still earn the college credit by completing the requirements that will be on the Age of Empires website.

Do I have to apply for admission to Arizona Online and be admissible to earn the credit?

Yes, in order to receive a credit, you will have to apply and be accepted to Arizona Online.

What do I need in order to participate in this program?

A copy of Age of Empires IV to play, as well as an Xbox Live account, which can be created for free at www.xbox.com. You will need to use the Xbox Live account when accessing www.ageofempires.com, as well as when playing the game.

Where can I buy or access Age of Empires IV?

On Steam, Microsoft Store or via Xbox Game Pass for PC or Ultimate.

Is this content available in the game?

In addition to admission to the University of Arizona, earning credit will require you to play through the in-game campaigns, as well as interacting with out-of-game content located at www.ageofempires.com and generated in partnership with University of Arizona.

I’m interested in interacting with the extra content, but I don’t want credit. Can I do that?

Yes! The extra in-game content will be automatically available to all Age of Empires IV players. Players who sign into their Xbox Live accounts on www.ageofempires.com will be able to access the extra materials on the website as well.

I play Age of Empires IV on Steam. Can I participate?

Yes. Steam players must connect an Xbox Live account, which can be created for free at www.xbox.com. You will need to use the Xbox Live account when accessing www.ageofempires.com, as well as when playing the game.

I’ve already completed the campaigns in Age of Empires IV and I didn’t have an Xbox Live account connected. Am I still eligible for credit?

We’re exploring ways to allow those who completed the campaigns without attaching an Xbox Live account to be eligible for the Arizona Online credit. More information will be added to this page as it becomes available.

Do I have to enroll in a class in order to get the credit?

No, you do not have to enroll or complete any classes to receive the credit, but you must apply and be admitted to the University of Arizona.

I am a student at UAGC, formerly Ashford, am I eligible for the credit opportunity?

UAGC is a separate, affiliated university that is not part of this partnership. You must be admitted to the University of Arizona to receive the credit.

1 Like