Age of Mythology not on the front page?

It has been more than 2 years we haven’t gotten any news from Age of Mythology. Last patch was welcome, and so the tournament. But no news about a sequels/refactor/DE or even Age of Mythology 2 :frowning:

Do you have the source of that ? Because I’ve read similar stuff, but I found it nowhere. That “pc gamer” article was refering to an old 2019 tweet (the one I posted above)

Does it? They look like completely different quotes to me.

November 06, 2019

“Mythology occupies this really interesting space,” he says. “Do we just do a definitive version of it, or do we do something grander with it, rebooting it or taking it in a new direction? There are so many opportunities that I see with Mythology, I just don’t know what we’re going to do yet. We’re going to think it through. We want to make our fans happy, and if the fans want us to do a definitive version, we’ll heavily consider going in that direction.”

April 10, 2021

“I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: I have not forgotten about Age of Mythology,” said franchise creative director Adam Isgreen. “It comes up all the time.”

“Stay tuned,” Isgreen said. “We have not forgotten about it. I love Age of Mythology. I love mythology in general. We love the franchise. We’re not pretending it’s not there or anything like that. We know.”

“Absolutely we know,” added senior executive producer Michael Mann. “We’re listening. We’re 100 percent listening on that request.”

Where did you copy that ? Can you also send me the link please ? Sorry to be stubborn, but I sincerely think this whole thing was a misunderstanding. I hope I am wrong tho :slight_smile: .

Interview for PC Gamer from the day of the Fan Preview. There are several other news sites talking about it, or really just quoting the PC Gamer article. xD

1 Like

Then there is no sources. We don’t know or can’t really trust what that PC Gamer article just quoted :confused:

You gave me false hope ! :’( haha

Ahead of Saturday’s Age of Empires fan event, Microsoft arranged a roundtable interview with developers from Xbox Game Studios and the current developers of the Age of Empires series at Relic Entertainment. While the interview was mostly focused on the upcoming Age of Empires 4, another game came up—2002’s Age of Mythology, a spin-off that traded AoE’s more grounded history for Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythology. Someone asked if Mythology would ever get the Definitive Edition treatment given to all three Age of Empires games.

Literally top of the article.

Yeah but anybody could wrote that, there is no proof of that has been said. Good journalism always link sources to proof what they claim, and especially such a big deal. Why the main Twitter Account of Age of Empires is silenced ?

2 Likes

I don’t understand what more you want. The article is the source. Do you automatically not believe any text interviews because they don’t have additional confirmation the interview actually happened?

Yep.

If that was true, since it seems to be a pretty big deal in the community, it’s weird and paradoxical they don’t even share it on their main Social Medias pages, or even main websites. It’s just this “interview” that is the source. So, again to me it’s as the same as rumors, until something official is stated.

And there is nothing wrong to ask for something official, that’s pretty much what is asked there.

3 Likes

Mythology deserves more attention than 1DE and even 3DE imho.

It is much more fun than either and campaigns are just great. I haven’t really tried multiplayer, usually not many lobbies around whenever I look it

You are an influencer man with 17K subscribers and post Voobly Youtube videos in 95%. Post an EE video every day and pick Chinese in every second game. Show the world, Chinese are cool.

I can’t do EE content outside of 1v1s and the odd 3v3 that doesn’t run awfully because laggy games do terribly. Recorded games play at .7 speed or something so that a game which has run for 29 minutes game time goes for 43 minutes real time. Wiz (Hades) vs AoL_Iron_Maiden (Zeus) - Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - YouTube

So I can’t cast recorded games, I can’t play team games and reliably have Youtube worthy games. I can do 1v1s (which I have been), and I could do live casts but I can’t follow the event unless I were to do all the games live as I can’t do recorded games… so it is pointless.

As for Chinese? There was an event recently where a TOP (multiple top finishes) player complained that a Chinese god was too OP. Twitch

So it really isn’t simple at this point.

6 Likes

hey man I liked those 1V1 videos, every time you upload any EE content I go directly see it.

Old version of aom is just better for play online than aom ee, thats all. Because if u want to play competitive and tryhard games, of course u need the minimun of lag , colours not very saturated ( is impossible watch the fishes on the map for example) .

3 Likes

i know too much good players of ee who cames to play the old version because better gameplay…

■■■■■■■■ man AoM has so much potential. It just needs some attention.

2 Likes

yeah i agree … if they make a update they should do some nerfs to chinese , the idea of the civi is good , but is totally broken, ra too need nerfs , atty need buff i think (iam atty player , but i think all others atty players agree with me).

You were not asking for something official, you were asking for a source on a source. You were asking for the source to source itself.

I see he tested the Great Flood. There is a permanent damage in the code, which doesn’t respect damage cap, that’s why Great Flood is extremely effective against villagers and units with low HP. It should be removed.