Age of Mythology not on the front page?

So leaving the Fan Preview with mixed feelings… being relatively excited about AoE4 and being incredibly upset at the complete disregard for the AoM community in the history portion I come to the site begrudgingly to make sure my insider profile is set up and I notice that Mythology is no longer on the front page.

I see a news article that says that the game hasn’t been forgotten but it is really feeling like at this point that there is somewhat of an effort to try and forget the mess that they created.

So first a brief history lesson seeing as it was missed out on.

AoM:EE was suppose to breath new life back into the game, and you know what. It did. Was an amazing nostalgia trip for the single player fan (myself included) to play through the campaign again and enjoy all of that but when we jumped into multi-player it was nearly impossible to play. The developers left us with “it is working as intended” and the hardcore fans left very quickly back to the original game because at least it works. Years later we find out that Skybox had little to no idea what they were doing code wise. Everything was written poorly and needed massive work to fix. Luckily we had a select few Forgotten Empires AOM fans who got tasked with fixing the mess and they’ve done an admirable job. However, the damage was done. The majority of the competitive community don’t even want to try AoMEE seriously and due to the lack of care when creating the product team games are still a shambles and unplayable nearly half the time.

So… are we being erased because the competitive community still play on the original game? If so, why hasn’t there been any effort for Developer run tournaments on Extended Edition?

I don’t know, this game went platinum four months after its release, which while not as crazy successful as AoE2 is still better than Age 3 and Age 1.

All I’m saying is, don’t exclude this game, help us help you to make it great, because it is great and we all can’t wait to play a WELL MADE definitive edition. Looking forward to the 20th anniversary in October next year

32 Likes

I 100% completely agree.
I normally play aoe2 but I would love a well made AoM definitive edition and, in general, more love and support for the fantastic game that is AoM

12 Likes

LMAO I just checked it, and you’re right. How sad is this :

optimized

13 Likes

Don’t worry, I would be really surprised if they don’t make anything new with AoM. I think it will 90% be a Definitive Edition, but I’m pretty sure we will get something. Too much voices asking for it only to be ignored.

5 Likes

100% correct.
The game has a lot of potential and i think a DE could sell well. At least better than ones for AoE 1 and AoE 3

8 Likes

Actually disappointed. I wasn’t expecting they announce AOM DE, but they seem to forgot the game even exists. It’s so sad watch them treat their community like this. I hope they take note of this and stop neglecting the AOM community

10 Likes

You are right… WE need respect and a DE

5 Likes

AoE 2 will unexpectedly get Eastern European DLC, so AoM DE is a matter of course.

2018 - AoE 1 DE
2019 - AoE 2 DE
2020 - AoE 3 DE
2021 - AoE 4 :unamused:

2022 - AoM DE

I think it is quite possible.

3 Likes

I agree, AoM was and is my favourite game in the franchise and them not even mentioning the game was get so disrespectful. I never expected them to make a remaster of the game, but a mention of the game and it’s community was the least they could do.
I’m still looking forward for AoE4 and hopefully they will address AoM in the near future

6 Likes

aom community is probably bigger than age 3 community and of course much more bigger than age 1 and u guys dont do nothing for us … this is decepcionate.

3 Likes

I love the Age of franchise and AoM is by far my favorite RTS game.
And through Eso i ve met plenty nice ppl ( still palying some aom ee with them )
So an Age of Mythology Definitive Edition would be the dream.

4 Likes

Nice post Boit, I completely agree.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Hi guys, this is probably unintentional. There is limited room on the Age of Empires home page and they used space reserved for Age of Mythology in order to promote the fan preview event. After the event is over at the end of this week, I’m sure Age of Mythology will be featured again.

4 Likes

AoM is the best in the franchise :slight_smile:

4 Likes

they should update aom ee, while we wait some remake or aom de … this game is amazing.

3 Likes

I think that if it was all a big misunderstanding then someone would say something which is really all I want. Just a “Hey guys, sorry for the misunderstanding. The event was meant to be for just the Empires games that have received a DE. Mythology is still in the pipelines and we appreciate you.”

But for some reason there’s nothing. Just silence.

2 Likes

They said they’ll tackle what to do next with Mythology (either a sequel or DE) after they release AoE4.

3 Likes

DE with some DLC would be fine, I can’t see how you can get a sequel when it isn’t time period based.

There are always more stories that could be told, new gameplay mechanics that could be explored, new civilizations to look into, etc.