Age of Mythology Retold release date or gameplay trailer date?

Yes, remember that when TotD came out back in 2016 it was a normal expansion without so much work on top to sell the AoMEE, that’s why it came out with so many errors and bugs on top … it’s similar to what happened with The Forgotten in 2013 with respect to the AoE 2 HD…now when AoM Retold comes out, TotD will have a rework similar to the one that The Forgotten had in the 2 DE (rework of all the forgotten campaigns, except maybe a little Dracula and in the case of TotD, rework of the entire Chinese civ and the Chinese campaign)

1 Like

Probably in october since thats the anniverdary months for releases

1 Like

Yes, I also think it will come out in October like almost all the remasters of the saga… you also have to think that AoE 4 receives new civs that month and in November-December comes out for Xbox …

E3 shut down because sony and other companies have their own game showcasing now.

Yes, that is, what was once E3…

On the 25th this month it will be half a year since we heard anything about AoMR.
Not a single Tweet on the official account or any other sign of life since.

I don’t think they’ll show anything until June or August…

The ideal scenario would be some news on summer and a release on autumn, but…

Hope I’m totally wrong with this, but for some reason I have the feeling we shouldn’t expect AoM Retold for this year.

1 Like

It would be strange if they didn’t…this year marks 20 anniversary of The Titans, it’s the right time to launch it in October and then AoE 4 for Xbox at the end of the year…

1 Like

I hope we are playing this during the summer

Difficult, in summer they will show gameplay and in August some closed beta …

I’d be surprised if it would release this year.
But maybe I’m wrong and they have been working on that behind closed doors for much longer already and it’s nearly completed.

Right now all we can do is wait until we get any news on it, which is probably nothing until like a month before release.

Yes, I think they at least started working on it, after the launch of KotM last May… It must already take a year of development so far…

Is it even confirmed with team works on it?

But even if that’s the case. Teams are not a monolith.
Different skills are needed at different stages of the development, even for a remaster.
So some parts of the team might have already moved onto AoM before KotM while others only moved on later.
But AoE3DE has still gotten some support with a pretty big free update in October so clearly there are people still working on AoE3DE.
Maybe the team was split into 2 parts, one working on AoE3DE and one working on AoM, this split might have happened a lot earlier and they just moved more people over to AoM by now.

Yes, or just alternate the work …