Age of Mytology retold - Treaty

Hi guys , but will there be treaty mode on Age of Mythology: Retold? (no rush)

1 Like

As far as I remember the game still had a Treaty option in the beta. Read nothing about the gamemode being removed.

Also there is a new map called Ironwood where you have to chop through a tree line to get to the enemy and AoMR gets an Arena map that is similar to the AoE2 version.
Those 2 maps are an alternative to treaty if you want a slow start.

2 Likes

Yes, Ironwood is the Michi map of AoE 2…

Hi guys, can you confirm that the treaty option exists in online games? because in several videos on Twitch it doesn’t seem to be there… thank you very much.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be there, at least I can’t find it.

What bullshit! but why did they do something like that?

Yeah I just noticed that too.
Really strange. AoM(EE) and AoE3(DE) both have it, why doesn’t AoMR have it???

look, I would have bought it just to play the game, the rush mode doesn’t inspire me at all… at this point I think I won’t buy it until they do the implementation (if they ever do it)… too bad

I’ve always loved treaty because it let’s me actualy play the game, I’m a amputee and playing a normal game with one hand is just not doable for me. treaty at least gave me a way of actually being competitive with friends or some of the more difficult AI because it just becomes a Army management game when you have setup everything for an hour.
I’ve already asked through a ticket if they plan on implementing this and this was there response:

Thank you for contacting the Age of Empires Support.

Unfortunately, at the moment we don’t have any information for future game modes or updates that we can share, however we appreciate the time you took to reach out to us and provide us with your feedback. I will be sure to forward your feedback and information up for consideration.

So now I’m just hoping on a modder that can add something like advanced settings like they did for AoE2.

2 Likes

Is one hand that much of a limitation?
I can imagine a lot of casual players basically just play the game with a mouse.

Since I have a mouse with 12 side buttons I don’t need the keyboard as much.

There are also adaptive controllers for Xbox that should work on PC. If you are only missing the hand you could still use your arm to control camera movement or something like that.
I actually thought about getting one of those adaptive controllers so I can get additional inputs with my feet, especially while sitting in VR.

But I guess you know more about those kinda things then me. I only had a friend that was missing 3 fingers on his left hand and had to use the mouse more and the keyboard less.
Strategy games are more one hand friendly then many other types of games.

You mean an actual hour?
Because that’s extremely long for AoM(R).
A single Town Centre auto-queueing villagers is at the villager cap after 15 minutes.
Then some auto queues in a hand full of military buildings and you are at the population limit long before 20 minutes.
Not much you can do after that other then starting to build a wonder or something, but that’s also probably only 5 minutes.

That’s why I think 15 minutes is probably a good treaty time for AoM but I think there should be multiple options.
5, 10, 15, 20 minutes sounds good to me.
There is already a 3 minute version of Ceasefire that can be invoked via triggers so it’s possible to make a treaty scenario by repeatedly casting it.

Treaty is inherently less interesti## ## in AoE3DE though since there are no home city cards so there is not too much strategy involved in AoM.

Another thing that people suggested was adding a “Booming” AI personality that focuses on economy and doesn’t attack until it reaches Mythical Age and has a sizeable army.

Also in my opinion, a treatise of 5/10/15 minutes is more than enough (20 minutes is really a lot)

I dont remeber it being an hour or half hour, but it was a more enjoyable way of playing for me. Just a bit more relaxed instead of rushing. I guess everyone has his own difficulties playing the game with handicaps.

But then again, makes me wonder why remove it from the game when it was part of the previous games.

Same. AoM and AoE3DE both have it so why AoMR doesn’t have it?
I’m sure they will add it in a future update.

The support message you got doesn’t tell us much because support members are likely just not allowed to talk about unannounced features.

1 Like