AI difficulty isn't working in Multiplayer (AI has no gather rate modifier at higher difficulties)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.38254.0 UP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The AI in a multiplayer game does not have any difference between the various difficulties - the extreme difficulty is the same as the hard difficulty.

As I play a lot of compstomps with my friends on hardest, this significantly reduces the challenge.

NOTE: In skirmish this is working properly. No Problem there.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a multiplayer game with one of the players as the AI
  2. Set the AI difficulty to hardest or extreme
  3. Observe that the AI does not have any gather rate modifiers at higher difficulties.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

At hardest or extreme, AI is supposed to gather at 20% and 40% faster respectively.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

This is from a 1v1 test but as a multiplayer game, not Skirmish. The game is at Extreme but the villagers are still gathering food at 0.84 food/s

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

The record game for the AI set at Extreme:
AI_not_at_extreme.age3Yrec (2.7 MB)

The record game for the AI set at Hardest:
AI_not_at_hardest.age3Yrec (6.4 MB)

2 Likes

Heey @DiplexBoss6, thank you very much for pointing this out! We’re now tracking this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Ippert ,

No problem! I’m not sure if gather rate is the only issue. The skirmish mode AI is doing a much better job making units and kiting with dragoons etc than the Multiplayer AI.

So the issue may not be just gather rate. Because I gave them a handicap and they still didn’t perform that well.

Hopefully you can fix it so I can compstomp with my friends on the Africa DLC.

Thank you so much for reading my reports and for your work on the game!

2 Likes

Its the same AI script. Probably an UI issue, that the difficulty doesnt propperly gets assigned.

This explains so many things.

Is it still like that after the official patch today?

I don’t know, haven’t got to try it yet.