AI does not use all units in all tech games

Can we plz have a special AI for the game that uses the complete tech tree in “all tech mode”?

It can also be very useful to be used in custom created/modded civilizations.

1 Like

Hello Juggernaut8704, thank you for the report!
Do you also have any specific examples?

-Promiskuitiv

1 Like

For example if I play enable all tech mode I never see mongols build steppe lancers, indians never build knight line for krush, even though it is available to them since all tech mode unlocks the complete tech tree. Both DE and HD AI have this problem
CD AI does not have this problem, it uses a generic mix of all units available but it isn’t really fun to play against.

Can we please have a modified DE AI that simply uses every upgrade that is researchable? It can be very useful for “all tech mode” and also use extra techs enabled by mods.
Thanks Promi! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

can we have such an AI which researchs and trains everything available, with no civ specific build orders? many custom scenarios can benefit from it as well, for example this one:

1 Like

I did not reply to your previous post but i just want to mention that i read it and am aware of it. :slight_smile:

For more extensive mods which use different IDs for the researches and units compared to the ones currently being used it is more problematic to add support for (without doing it specifically for each mod).

That being said improving support for all tech mode is a possibility though i cannot make any promises. Potential improvements for that could theoretically also help with specific, more conservative, mods. For more extensive overhauls it might be better for the mod creator to create (or ask someone to create) an optimized AI script for it, if not even just adding an additional file to the default AI which utilizes these researches etc.

-Promiskuitiv

1 Like