AI France always revolts after recent patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 14.3853
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When playing against AI France, they now always revolt as soon as they can. I’ve tested it about 20 times and it happens 100% of the time without fail. No other AI faction does this. I don’t know if it’s intentional or not but it’s extremely unfun because it means France just ends up getting steamrolled and they become a non factor in the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a single player skirmish where one of the AI players is France
  2. Wait for them to reach the Industrial Age
  3. Watch as they immediately revolt

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

France wouldn’t revolt every time and would instead behave like every other AI player.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

This has been an issue for a long time :smiley:
I guess they just like to revolt

This has been an issue since the October 2022 update and it is LITERALLY why I stopped playing the game. I had 2,200 hours on it, played at least 2 hours a day, hard stopped with the April update. I guess the devs don’t care anymore.

If it’s intentional, I hope they improve Napoleon’s AI, because I think facing his well-used revolution would be a fun experience. :smile:

PS: In the worst case, I advise you to limit the maximum age in industrial, it is not a solution, but it might help you.

Somewhere I remember have read how to solution the bug: make a mod that makes France unable to revolt.:
techtreemods.xml in (bunchofnumbers)/mods/local/ModName (whatever you want)/data

<Techtreemods>

<Tech name ='Age0French'>
		<Effects>
			<Effect mergeMode='remove' type="TechStatus" status="obtainable">DERevolutionFrance</Effect>
		</Effects>	

</Tech>
</Techtreemods>

I’ve playing with it, and Napoleon is a formidable oponent, and does not Revolution.

1 Like

That sounds quite a bit radical. If you’re going to make a mod anyway, why not just modify the AI to be less likely to revolt? If I recall correctly, AI mods a multiplayer-compatible :thinking:

1 Like

I think the techtreemod is a reasonable approach for singleplayer usage. AI mod is more difficult to maintain as it can’t utilize additive modding.

I remember AI mods usually didn’t matter in Legacy, did that change in DE ?

My personal guess is, that ich you just place the AI in the games folder, it will work fine, without giving mod issues.

Because I don’t know how to do that. Yes, is radical, but is what I (and the guy who proposed) can do

1 Like