These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: latest
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
AI puts musketeers in melee mode the moment they spot a cavalry unit, and will chase around that cavalry unit while ignoring everything else. Even if it makes more sense to shoot in ranged mode at other units or to melee a skirmisher, they just go after the cavalry unit.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start a skimish against hardest AI, giving him a civ that can spawn musketeers, like British or France
- make a hussar / your favorite cavalry among some other units.
- Pick a fight with the AI musketeers, you will see the moment the cav is in the musket LOS, they all go to melee mode and chase the cav as you move the cav around, ignoring other units shooting at the muskets
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Musketeers should not engage in melee mode unless they are solely fighting skirmishers and are outnumbered or are protecting cannon. Under no circumstances should they be chasing cavalry around in melee mode. It makes more sense to shoot.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.