AI Players Don't Use All Their Resources

I usually play 6 player skirmish games with the AI on Hard difficulty.

As you can see in these screen shots, some AI players accumulate too many resources.

These AI players reach population limit and just sit idle at their base with full armies letting their resources accumulate.

This game lasted 90 minutes with almost no settler casualties until the last 10 minutes of the game.

The first screen shot shows how many military units each AI produced.

As you can see, Japan produced almost double number of units compared to other AI’s.

The second screen shot shows how much unspent resources each AI had at the end of the game.

As you can see, Isabela had 42,634 unspent resources compared to Henry who had only 824 unspent resources.

Most AI’s were sitting in their base with full armies for several minutes before they moved them towards the enemy.

AI players also don’t respond to help request via the flash flag.

There is no reason for the AI to accumulate so many resources and there is no reason for the AI to sit idle at his base with full armies.

This must be corrected.

2 Likes

I’d really like to see a patch dedicated to AI improvements much like the maps with this recent patch.

In many games the AI relentlessly attacks for the first 30 minutes of the game then camps out after. Because of this a cheesy trade monopoly victory is the only way I can win games.